1991 FJ80 parting out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I remember this was cross posted here on 'mud from ar15.com, but could not find it on 'mud with a search when this thread originated, with a little more searching I found THIS reference to a trade gone bad. I don't know anything besides what was posted, but just some more info to look at before making a transaction. Hopefully it was a misunderstanding.

Mods: If this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete, just though it might be relevant, considering a couple of the posts.

firetruck41 said:
I remember this was cross posted here on 'mud from ar15.com, but could not find it on 'mud with a search when this thread originated, with a little more searching I found THIS reference to a trade gone bad. I don't know anything besides what was posted, but just some more info to look at before making a transaction. Hopefully it was a misunderstanding.

Mods: If this is inappropriate, please feel free to delete, just though it might be relevant, considering a couple of the posts.

Thanks firetruck - looks like I probably got screwed - still no communications. Nomination for the first listing on the IH8MUD Do-Not-Buy list.

FWIW, here's the info he gave me:

Skyshark186@hotmail.com

Jeremy Wood
616 E 2nd st apt 2
North Platte, ne 69101

a 411.com search didn't turn up much. Mapquest does show a residential neighborhood - I was half expecting a Mailboxes Etc. or such.

I dealt with Jeremy once. He took a long time to ship an OME suspension, and when he finally did, one shock was bad and there was no hardware for the steering stabilizer. The "medium" rear springs were actually heavies. He deleted his "for sale" thread and disappeared for a while as soon as I sent payment. He shrugged and made no effort to make good on the busted shock, and I never did get the stabilizer hardware.

Jeremy sucks, and odds are he'll delete this thread when he sees the turn it's taken.

ed97fzj80 said:
I dealt with Jeremy once. He took a long time to ship an OME suspension, and when he finally did, one shock was bad and there was no hardware for the steering stabilizer. The "medium" rear springs were actually heavies. He deleted his "for sale" thread and disappeared for a while as soon as I sent payment. He shrugged and made no effort to make good on the busted shock, and I never did get the stabilizer hardware.

Jeremy sucks, and odds are he'll delete this thread when he sees the turn it's taken.

Didn't realize users could delete threads - maybe the mods need to step in.

Sorry to read this, but we've all learned something here about skyshark186!
:censor:

edit - just got an email from him claiming an emergency and that the part will be sent out on Friday.
Hoping he comes through.

EricG said:
edit - just got an email from him claiming an emergency and that the part will be sent out on Friday.
Hoping he comes through.

I hope so too. Seems like a long shot though.

A possibility

XXXR said:
I bought some lights from Jeremy about 3 months back. As soon as I paid (Pay Pal) I recieved them withing 5 days with the wiring harness to boot. I thought it was a great deal, and was serviced quite well.

Maybe he's dealing with a mess of trouble on the homestead...

I think that may be a possibility. I had worked out a deal with him for some parts and got his address. I asked for a paypal to send the money to and then... nothing. I don't think he has been online here since. I'm not out anything, so I'm not complaining. I hope he and his are alright and that we hear from him again soon.

For those of you who did make a payment to him, have you considered looking up his number and giving him a call? Maybe his computer fried out in one of the thunderstorms that have been rolling over the plains. We don't know.

Posting the guy's real name and address in an open forrum... Not a nice way to deal with it IMHO. If you feel out the money though, do what you feel you need to.

Grench

I am looking for both front abs sensors. Let me know how much.

Still no part - in fact no communications since 19 Sept. when he said the part would be mailed 22 Sep.

How about you just refund my Paypal Jeremy?

Still no part and no communications. I left a message on his cell phone last week as well.
Just opened up a PayPal dispute - not sure if that process can do anything or not.

08-20-06, 06:24 PM

First on the 20th he puts this out here, says it will take two days as he has no internet at home. Four days later he says we need to be patient as he is waiting a week after the initial post (27th) for a sale complete, now a day aftar that date nada.

I'd be seriously leery. If it takes him a week to NOT sell a single part how long will it take to actually ship? I'd rather pay full retail and not get played with like this.

I got an angry pm when I posted this and he said he would not sell me the CDL switch. I feel so silly now.

I got an angry pm when I posted this and he said he would not sell me the CDL switch. I feel so silly now.

Yea, your spidey sense was right on there - guess I have to get mine calibrated.

yes, unfortunately, on every forum there are always scammers. Fortunately, you have his full information. Feel free to warn others here and on any other forum you know him to go.

Has anyone gotten anything from this thread's items? Had any contact?

Has anyone gotten anything from this thread's items? Had any contact?

Still nothing on my end - I just escalated my paypal dispute to a claim. I highly reccomend everybody steer clear of skyshark186. If you haven't figured that out already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom