For Sale 1990 FJ62 Melbourne, Fl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling 1990 land cruiser. Great truck, runs strong, was daily driver. Tires have 3k miles on them. This thing will last forever. Hate to see her go but too many other projects going on. In need of some tlc. Have more pictures on link. I have the interior missing panels - just happen to take the pictures with them off. Asking $8700. Stats...

134,000 Miles
Clean Title
Automatic
6cyl

Replaced within the last two years...
-plugs, wires and cap
-tires
-Oem shocks
-Oem fuel pump
-muffler
-tail lights and parking lights
-Red top battery
-belts
-window tint
-wiring harness
-misc others

upload_2016-9-23_20-27-51.png

upload_2016-9-23_20-28-48.png

upload_2016-9-23_20-29-53.png

upload_2016-9-23_20-30-48.png

upload_2016-9-23_20-31-31.png

other pictures here... Dropbox - FJ 62

Last edited:
Nice cruiser! looks extremely clean. Its a shame the original paint jobs weren't better. My wife has the exact car and I had it painted last year. This will make someone a great rig.

Darn good price also, this shouldn't last long!
Good Luck!

Nice cruiser! looks extremely clean. Its a shame the original paint jobs weren't better. My wife has the exact car and I had it painted last year. This will make someone a great rig.

Good Luck!
For reference, how much did you spend on the repaint? Was there body work involved?

How long have you owned this 62? Where has it been since new? Do you have mudflaps or the chrome trim pieces that are also missing?
Would also like to see more pics.....I have an 88 Red 62 will be selling soon to get a Charcoal Gray......

For reference, how much did you spend on the repaint? Was there body work involved?
Small ant of body work, I think I spent $4000but i also had them install the new suspension under her tat i supplied. The body shop owner is a friend of mine and crazy wheeler and I had procrastinated enough with suspension that I just had my friend do it.

We have gotten a lot of good feed back on it since being done.

Small ant of body work, I think I spent $4000but i also had them install the new suspension under her tat i supplied. The body shop owner is a friend of mine and crazy wheeler and I had procrastinated enough with suspension that I just had my friend do it.

We have gotten a lot of good feed back on it since being done.
well that sounds like a great deal for all of that......would love to see pictures....sorry willymcnilly for hijacking your thread....I'm interested in your 62.

How long have you owned this 62? Where has it been since new? Do you have mudflaps or the chrome trim pieces that are also missing?
Would also like to see more pics.....I have an 88 Red 62 will be selling soon to get a Charcoal Gray......
Hey JToobe - answers to questions...
1. I have had this truck for 3 years
2. Not sure - I know the guy I bought it from had it in Florida for many years - Here's the vin JT3FJ62G5L1121128 Maybe it would tell you there?
3. No, I do not have the mud flaps or chrome that is missing. Have Left hand snake blinder - just not the right.

Here's some more pics - Dropbox - FJ 62

Last edited:

Good Luck!

Thx!

Hey JToobe - answers to questions...
1. I have had this truck for 3 years
2. Not sure - I know the guy I bought it from had it in Florida for many years - Here's the vin JT3FJ62G5L1121128 Maybe it would tell you there?
3. No, I do not have the mud flaps or chrome that is missing. Have Left hand snake blinder - just not the right.

Here's some more pics - Dropbox - FJ 62

Thanks for sharing VIN, that will help. Took me a minute to determine what a "snake blinder" was! Funny as i just removed my passenger side today to clean up & replace the clips.
Looking at your pics I feel like you live in my brothers neighborhood, Breakaway Trails in Ormond Beach! Same exact look, even from what i see of your house!

So are all of the spots that are white, primer patches? Was this from treating rust....done by you or PO?
Do all windows work from all switches (drivers & each door)?
Do both mirrors work?
How's the tranny? Any issues?
Carpet looks to be in pretty good shape, just some fading.....
Can you take some more pics of the dash....looks like in addition to cracks there is a crater on the dash top.

Thanks for sharing VIN, that will help. Took me a minute to determine what a "snake blinder" was! Funny as i just removed my passenger side today to clean up & replace the clips.
Looking at your pics I feel like you live in my brothers neighborhood, Breakaway Trails in Ormond Beach! Same exact look, even from what i see of your house!

So are all of the spots that are white, primer patches? Was this from treating rust....done by you or PO?
Do all windows work from all switches (drivers & each door)?
Do both mirrors work?
How's the tranny? Any issues?
Carpet looks to be in pretty good shape, just some fading.....
Can you take some more pics of the dash....looks like in addition to cracks there is a crater on the dash top.

It all looks the same down here (Florida neighborhoods :)

1. Yes, they are primer patches - the cancer cut out and new sheet metal welded in - 2 part epoxy primer - i did these. A spot on the hood and some areas of the drip rail need revisiting - surface rust.
2. Yes, the windows do work ( albeit slowly ). The window lock mechanism broke off last year and I have not gotten around to fixing it. it currently has aluminum foil bridging the connections.
3. Yes, both mirrors work
4. Transmission is good - It seems a little sluggish to me but ive been told this is par for the course with these automatic cruisers. On cold days when i put it in reverse it does want to hesitate for half a second before engaging. Again - this was my daily driver, anything too concerning i would have gotten fixed.
5. Yes, carpet is faded but overall in pretty good shape. I took it all out and cleaned it along with the rear seat - they came out great! (haven't had a chance to do the front two yet)
6. Yes, if I keep the truck a new dash is in swift order - at one point in the center there is a canyon. At red lights i like to imagine there's a group of FJ's down there discovering new terrain ;) I took some more pictures and added them to the folder. Dropbox - FJ 62

Hi, My last estimate for a cruiser paint job was 7500. Paint and supplies were almost two thousand. Mike

90 62.JPG
60s at PM's.JPG
Was in Atlanta for New Years Eve and drove home this morning and just for fun drove by my friend Peter Merriam's shop (Peter is responsible for my Land Cruiser addiction) as he always has some Cruisers out front awaiting work....knew i recognized the 62 and sure enough it's your former one! Congrats on the sale.....obviously it will now be residing in GA! I also found a grey 62 last week in Asheville!

Hehehe. Yup, that's her alright. Thanks for letting me know! Hated letting her go but she's in good hands for her next chapter in life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom