Parting Out 1988 FJ62 Entire Vehicle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its a sad day for me and my FJ62.... Either the transmission or rear differential went up at 55 mph. Blew off the drive shaft and in the process broke the cast mounting ears holding the starter....... The motor might be fine, but without a starter.......... Assuming the transmission is gone and the casing does have a break. Was a NV vehicle with 240k miles and it has gathered 3k miles here in MD over 4 years.

Attached are photos, one small rust spot on passenger door bottom. Would like to get $2800 or best offer. Message me or text 410-703-3275.

FJ62.JPG

FJ62backseat.JPG

FJ62front.JPG

FJ62frontseat.JPG

Oh man... I'm in Takoma Park, MD. Can I stop by to see the truck? Interested in purchasing it whole. PM incoming.

Fyi if you do choose to sell vehicle whole, there is a Classified section for vehicles here on Mud. if you are parting out I am interested inthe mirrors. Sorry to hear about the sad day. Hope you had load of great memories with her.

OP is selling whole truck, not parting out. FYI to people requesting parts..

Body-wise, this truck is amazing... I saw the truck in person to look at the damage. The transmission seized somewhere between the rear differential and the transmission. The driveshaft yolk was ripped off at the differential and the transfer. Spoke to the mechanic and his guess was the truck is going the need an entire drive train possibly an engine too. The truck has good bones if someone wants to transplant the parts from a donor truck. Tires have plenty of tread and looks clean inside and out.

Great candidate for an LS swap!

Body-wise, this truck is amazing... I saw the truck in person to look at the damage. The transmission seized somewhere between the rear differential and the transmission. The driveshaft yolk was ripped off at the differential and the transfer. Spoke to the mechanic and his guess was the truck is going the need an entire drive train possibly an engine too. The truck has good bones if someone wants to transplant the parts from a donor truck. Tires have plenty of tread and looks clean inside and out.

Could you send me another text? I deleted your number

Hi, Is the entire drive train ruined? Thanks, Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom