Builds 1988 FJ62 5.3 4l60 Turbo Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now the actual fun starts put all the 80 suspension etc under the 62. Kept debating about doing this at a later date but figured just do it right the first time exactly how I want it to be done

861BBA51-756C-41E1-BA41-54AC891E273C.jpeg

are you using the 80 chassis or 60 chassis?

Pretty sure he wants to cut everything off the 80 and graft it to the 62 chassis
That is the plan but shoot if I keep getting hood money from parting out the donor Lexus I will be able to pay for the kit for “free”. I was looking and taking measurements today and it really doesn’t look bad just may have to notch some stuff in the rear for gas tank.

Following along, I may have a lead on some cheap 80 axles and considering a similar swap
I think the best way to do this would be to put the front with 80 series suspension and then put the 80 rear axle in the leaf springs and then you can put a bigger tank. With that being said that most likely won’t be the route I go just because in my head I know I want it to be fully 80 series suspension for the memes. This is a wicked brain child that I just have to do otherwise I will lose sleep

With the stock tank you’ll get over 300 miles to a tank

With the stock tank you’ll get over 300 miles to a tank
oh yea that's totally fine then. Tired of getting 220 or so but 300 is perfectly fine. My plan is just to base axle located off stock centering wise and just put it based on the measurements of it off the stock 80 chassis. That is my thought process at least.

Just picked this up locally for 1300 brand new good for 22ga to 3/8 allegedly so should be a good learning opportunity. Going tomorrow to hopefully draw up and measure everything and get a plan. Goal is to have new suspension over by next Wednesday but I think that is BOLD
4132EDDC-E593-497F-8B9E-B8D3DBDE91FD.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wow that is a steal for that machine.

If you want to get the motor mounts tacked in with the body off, the end of the crank pulley (truck version!) needs to be 12.25" from the inside of the front frame crossmember

Wow that is a steal for that machine.

If you want to get the motor mounts tacked in with the body off, the end of the crank pulley (truck version!) needs to be 12.25" from the inside of the front frame crossmember
Yea, I figured it was a really good buy. Wanted to get something good that I could grow into glad it has your stamp of it being a good buy makes me feel better about spending than money. I will keep that in mind I'm going to do the suspension and then put the entire drivetrain in based on the location of the transmission cross member. Also, does this transfer case look right? I can take a better picture tomorrow but I feel like the shaft that the selector next to where the front drive shaft attaches looks like it is too sunk in. It rotates fine and everything. Again I can grab better pictures tomorrow.

71416764046__5C1F4D7A-71DC-437A-9669-CD8C8ECC6575.jpg

uh yeah you're missing the vacuum diaphram assembly.

uh yeah you're missing the vacuum diaphram assembly.
Yeah I have that on the shelf when I put that one that will be all fine then? I was comparing it to a 85 transfercase I have laying around and it didn’t stick out as far. I need to order a gasket for the vacuum diaphragm to put it back on

Yeah I have that on the shelf when I put that one that will be all fine then? I was comparing it to a 85 transfercase I have laying around and it didn’t stick out as far. I need to order a gasket for the vacuum diaphragm to put it back on

I should have the gaskets in stock. And yes the vacuum shift rod is different from the manual shift rod.

I have a slight ding in my hood I was going to keep this one to replace it but truly dont need to so we can talk!
It might be too late but maybe this will help. I used Matts motor mounts and had them welded on by a mobile welder. I wished I had located them 1/2 lower and half inch forward from where I did mount them. I have the same exact power train as you're using. The hood closes just fine but I would like to have had a little bit more room and the head on the passenger side is just missing. I can show you pictures if you want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom