Builds 1988 BJ73 slow build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chester, even the Philips in there from before are bright. It seems even with low beams on most people think I have on the brights. Not sure if that is because of the 24v system, but I'm pleased with the output.

I am not sure what bulbs I currently have but the output, especially on high beam, is significantly better than any vehicle I have driven. Combined with the Lightforce halogens I can definitely see where I am going in the dark. : )

Bulbs seem to put out the exact same light, colour, beam etc. The hella is a bit fatter but no noticeable difference. Got two of them for $16 total so can't complain. View attachment 887121
Good news on the bulbs, Noel
I am going with some LED unit from Truck Lights. They are both 12 and 24 volt, so if I change voltage, I am covered. Not cheap, but extremely good reviews. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007K8AA7I/?tag=ihco-20
Truck Lights.jpg

Filled up today, getting around 21mpg. Seems to keep going up. Rotated the tires today, have put around 6k miles on them. Heading to the motherland in a couple days so bringing the cruiser in tomorrow to have ac converted and hopefully have the leak found while I'm gone. Next on the list is to try and fix the seized pto when I get back.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1402441186.224561.jpg

Nothing really new to report other than I had the Cruiser in the shop to retrofit the AC and to have all the fluids checked. Dye was put in since I'm pretty sure it is leaking, but for the time being it is blowing ice cold. I was informed that all the fluids from t-case to diffs. looked like they were just re-done.

Next on the agenda is find a decent body shop for the rust and fix the pto....which I've been saying for way too long.

Long time since I've posted on here...curious if anyone knows how to pop these off without breaking them? My Passenger side windshield sprayer is no longer spraying and I'm not sure if it is clogged, fluid just rolls out of the head. The driver side squirts and from what I've seen it has only one line that feeds the driver side sprayer, then it must split to the passenger side...I can't get to it without getting the above off.

In other news I had to do a couple runs up to St. Pete, roughly 100 miles round-trip and the Cruiser did great. I was doing around 70mph with around 6 lbs of boost and temp. sitting at around 900. The truck would get up and move even at those speeds. There is a rather large bridge in the area (Skyway bridge) so I left the truck in 5th dropped down to around 2000rpm (50 mph or so) and tried to see if the truck would pull during the climb. It did.....as did the temperature! Between those two trips, city driving and AC usage on and off I got around 18.5MPG, which isn't as amazing as some people get, but for cruising 70mph and city driving I think it was decent. Still need to nip my rust issues in the butt, but mechanically been running like a champ...knock on wood.

Cheers.
photo.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

Long time since I've posted on here...curious if anyone knows how to pop these off without breaking them? My Passenger side windshield sprayer is no longer spraying and I'm not sure if it is clogged, fluid just rolls out of the head. The driver side squirts and from what I've seen it has only one line that feeds the driver side sprayer, then it must split to the passenger side...I can't get to it without getting the above.

Those little buggers come off, and sometimes break, just like door panel clips. I use a plastic forked like body tool, but a kitchen fork works OK too. But before you do that, try a length of bailing wire, picture wire or I use a length of wire fishing leader, and poke on through the orifice, usually works.

Nice bridge. in the 2LT '70 I can accelerate up it, and gain speed in 4th. but in the '62, I approach it at 80, and can't maintain 60 at the top, even in 3rd.

Last edited:
Wow ..... The most challenging obstacle in the a State of Florida is a little bridge over some brackish water. :hillbilly:

Yup, and I want to thank you northerners and the friendly Canadians that pay for it at the first obstacle, the toll booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom