Builds 1988 BJ73 slow build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Congrats on getting that done - it needs the hands of Houdini to get the starter in and out. I've done it twice now. The second time, I carefully trimmed the inner fender liner, bent the edge up to match factory and painted it. Not noticeable but enough room now to slide the starter out sideways. It felt a bit sacrilegious but it's sure more practical...

You, good sir, have the patience of Job....to do it twice!

Congrats on getting that done - it needs the hands of Houdini to get the starter in and out. I've done it twice now. The second time, I carefully trimmed the inner fender liner, bent the edge up to match factory and painted it. Not noticeable but enough room now to slide the starter out sideways. It felt a bit sacrilegious but it's sure more practical...

Hoping someone here may be able to help me with a bit of diagnosing on an issue I've been having with my cruiser. It happens intermittently when I go to start my truck it won't glow. I'll turn the key on and off multiple times to try and get it to glow and it won't, causing a cold start. After the truck is running, if I shut it off it will go through the glow sequence without issue. Usually after the truck sits for a day or two it will glow fine, so very random when it happens. I've already replaced the primary glow relay and all the glow plugs. I've been debating trying to source a glow sub relay and replace that since that is the only thing I haven't replaced with the glow system...curious if any of you fine people out there think it may be something else causing the intermittent lack of glowing/cycling.

Cheers,
Nigel

Been a while since I've posted on here. Issue above was resolved by installing a wilson switch. Thanks Alberto for the help. If anyone needs help with a wilson switch, I can lend a hand.

I just purchased the Truck lite 27270C and having a couple issues. Like many people the high beam indicator no longer goes on and I'm not entirely sure if the load resistors I've been looking at will work for 24v. Almost everything states 12v. The second states 12-24v so was debating on that. Curious if anyone with a 24v truck used the h4 harness resistors or what resistor you used to splice in. I was hoping to go with h4 harness since the truck lite connectors won't plug in all the way and I don't want to start shaving them down. Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amazon product ASIN B01CTIDE76
Amazon product ASIN B07DLW32NY
Cheers,
Nigel

IMG-2056.jpg

IMG-2058.jpg

IMG-2062.jpg

IMG-2063.jpg

IMG-2065.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while since I've posted on here. Issue above was resolved by installing a wilson switch. Thanks Alberto for the help. If anyone needs help with a wilson switch, I can lend a hand.

I just purchased the Truck lite 27270C and having a couple issues. Like many people the high beam indicator no longer goes on and I'm not entirely sure if the load resistors I've been looking at will work for 24v. Almost everything states 12v. The second states 12-24v so was debating on that. Curious if anyone with a 24v truck used the h4 harness resistors or what resistor you used to splice in. I was hoping to go with h4 harness since the truck lite connectors won't plug in all the way and I don't want to start shaving them down. Anyone else have this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Amazon product ASIN B01CTIDE76
Amazon product ASIN B07DLW32NY
Cheers,
Nigel

View attachment 2626172

View attachment 2626173

View attachment 2626174

View attachment 2626175

View attachment 2626176
Have you run them at night?

Granted I don’t live in a heavily populated area but I didn’t find the lack of a “high beam” indicator to be much of an issue. The lights did have a smallish dark halo in the center where the beams intersected but that also was not an issue. Overall I was pleased with the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom