For Sale 1987 Toyota FJ60 Velvet Green -- Reposting (Wheels Changed) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser has undergone a two stage restoration since its acquisition in July 2017.

Stage I – Land Cruiser Restorations
All new old man emu soft ride leaf springs, with grease-able shackles, old man emu shocks, and steering stabilizer.

LED headlights, custom LCR black powder coated front bumper, 8000 pound Warn winch, forward facing LED light bar, low profile roof rack, two rear-facing LED backup lights, custom LCR black powder coated rock sliders, custom LCR black powder coated rear bumper with spare tire carrier, and receiver hitch.

All new Loop pile carpet, and soundproof padding. Seats reupholstered with marine-grade vinyl. Palco Dash overlay. Painted custom velvet green using a two-stage base color and clear-coat.

Stage II -- Stoffregen Motorsports
Complete body off mechanical restoration - All systems new or rebuilt
Frame stripped, rust repaired and re-painted chassis black
Engine bay color change to neutral tool grey- Utilitarian yet classy
Body mounts cleaned, aligned, and inspected
Original 4.2 liter, 130 HP engine replaced with 6.2 liter, 430 HP Chevrolet E-ROD LS3 engine – 50 state legal.
Original 4 speed manual transmission replaced with a H55 5 speed transmission with only 3,000 miles on it and a Marks 4wd adapter
Drive shafts completely rebuilt
Both axles and transfer cases completely rebuilt -- axles rebuilt with 3.70 gearing and all new tie rod ends
Steering gear completely rebuilt by Red Head Steering Gears
FJ60 front brakes replaced with new Tacoma calipers, drilled and slotted Tacoma rotors powered by a rebuilt FJ80 booster and new FJ80 master cylinder
Custom 3” mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust system
New champion radiator and SPAL twin fan module
New custom intake tube and air box
All new hoses, lines clamps, bottles, etc.
Stock 20 gal. fuel tank replaced with 38 gal. Man-A-Free tank
New 17” OEM Toyota steel wheels and BFG T/A KO2
New Alpine Bluetooth, Sirius XM satellite stereo
Steering wheel leather wrapped by Craft Customs
Completely refurbished A/C system
Odyssey 34-PC1500T battery

Complete restoration log is available at:
https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/fj60-e-rod-swap-srmint-stoffregen-motorsports.191527/

Asking price: $85,000

Rationale for anyone interested:

1565805718438.png
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Matt does AMAZING restorations. But I think you’re smoking crack when it comes to pricing. I really hope you can get $50k

Matt does AMAZING restorations. But I think you’re smoking crack when it comes to pricing. I really hope you can get $50k

UCFyou, what do you think is a fair price and why?

My question is coming from a sincere place as I’m working on my own restomod - FJ60 + V8 + 80 chassis.

Much appreciated.

UCFyou, what do you think is a fair price and why?

My question is coming from a sincere place as I’m working on my own restomod - FJ60 + V8 + 80 chassis.

Much appreciated.

Is yours the one Stoffregen Motorsports is working on right now? Because that one is going to be bad ass. In my opinion he’s the best in the business for LS swapping 60’s. Unfortunately since these restomods are so unique and there are so few comparable sales pricing is challenging. But it definitely doesn’t have anything to do with the money spent to get it to where it’s as. Most are so customized that the type of person that is going to spend $80k is someone who is going to hire someone to build it to their specific liking. Like this 60, personally I think the color is hideous and unfortunate. Don’t expect to get your money back out of it, do it because you like it and want something cool. But, with that said... there’s people out there that spend ridiculous money on things everyday... you never know.

Thanks for the additional detail. Agree that it becomes highly personal once you start dialing in all the details. It’s also not hard to rack up a big bill, given all the labor, if you’re not mechanically inclined and/or don’t have the time.

Mine isn’t the Stoffregen one but I’d love to see a link if there’s one to share. I’ll likely share some details as we make progress on mine. Just pulling the 2F now.

Not to further clutter up someone's sale thread, but 80+% of the original build price is optimistic. I have a built Jeep LJ LS swap currently out there for sale, and I started the price around 50% of total build cost. Best to do these out of love and acquire some value from the build process and eventual use.

That said, this is a great build. I actually like the color combo. Patience is helpful, and it would be a savings for someone who this happens to hit all of the right notes. Good luck with the sale, free bump if nothing else.

Thanks one and all. There's no question I overpaid for the original rig. As advertised, I think I should have paid around $25k but I was sold by the pictures and presentation. The original ad said Exedra undercarriage treatment with a rust inhibitor, undercarriage also coated with a 3M rubberized protectant. When Matt removed the 3M protectant he found what can only be described as a disaster. Anyone who knows Matt knows he a perfectionist so he replaced/restored EVERYTHING. This rig is arguably much better than the original vehicle when new. It will last forever. So if I don't get any offers near what I'm asking, my daughter will be driving the rig 20 years from now. As for the color, everyone who has inquired about the restoration has loved the color. I toyed with powder coating the body when it was off the frame but I had a bad experience with a powder coated Icon FJ40 that I gave my son. Finally, for jpsfj60's benefit, all the pictures except the one with the Hollywood wheels are 4 days old -- no need for the !!!!!!!

Then just post recent pictures of it Like lots of them. Thanks
With all due respect, anyone can make a FJ60 body look nice.What’s really important are the internals. The 9 page Expedition Portal article I referenced earlier in this thread will allow anyone, even a master mechanic, to assess the condition of EVERYTHING you can’t see In pictures.

With all due respect, anyone can make a FJ60 body look nice.What’s really important are the internals. The 9 page Expedition Portal article I referenced earlier in this thread will allow anyone, even a master mechanic, to assess the condition of EVERYTHING you can’t see In pictures.

I really like it. I looked at the build thread and is impressive. If I sell a few cars I will give you a shout. Looking for any trades?

With all due respect, anyone can make a FJ60 body look nice.

Really? I have to disagree. Are you yourself capable of replacing cancerous rust with fresh clean metal in it's place? Pulling dents and working them flat without filler? Know how to shrink metal do you? I wish you luck with the sale, it looks like a nice truck.

Really? I have to disagree. Are you yourself capable of replacing cancerous rust with fresh clean metal in it's place? Pulling dents and working them flat without filler? Know how to shrink metal do you? I wish you luck with the sale, it looks like a nice truck.
No, I am a finance guy and intermediate woodworker. My point was that defects to the body of an FJ60 are a lot easier to identifiy and, I would argue, fix Then almost anything under the body. That said, guys that do really good bodywork are total artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom