SOLD 1987 LHD Toyota Troopy Land Cruiser BJ75 - Price Drop $19500 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling a 1987 LHD Toyota Troopy. I purchased this just over a year ago and have been fixing it up since then. After the repairs listed below, it runs quite well. I wouldn't hesitate to take a cross country trip tomorrow - but at a slower pace than the modern vehicles some are used to. I am selling because the naturally aspirated 4-cyl diesel isn't really suited for driving up and over the many passes we have in CO. It's great for around town and offroad but really doesn't like to go above 65 mph. I have considered adding a turbo - there are reputable kits available - but I'm leaning toward a pickup based overland vehicle at this point.

See below for a list of repairs since purchase: (all work completed by Robbie Antonson, Jr. of Adventure Offroad unless otherwise noted):

Rebuilt Transfer Case
Replaced U-joints
Driveline service
Replaced the water pump
Replaced Belts and Hoses
Replaced Tie Rods
Rebuilt Starter
Replaced Cylinder Head / Head gasket
Rebuilt Injectors
Replaced Thermostat
Installed Dash Autometer Water Temp Guage
Install Oil pan Heat pad
Replaced Exhaust (not by Robbie)

Other information of interest:

Mileage 248000 km
Brakes have 70% left
New BF Goodrich AT (5)
New Rims (5)
Replaced Headliner
Custom Interior Panels

Needs:

Front axle rebuild

The suspension is tired and I would replace - The springs are a bit flat, but still have some arch. The front spring eye and shackle bushings show some sign of wear, while the rear spring eye and especially the shackle bushings need replacing.

Driving impressions: Typical of a naturally aspirated engine at elevation; accelerates well for its limitations here. Brakes straight.

PRICE: $20,500

*I couldn't seem to add more than 5 photos, so feel free to ask for any specific images.

IMG_0644.jpeg
IMG_0642.jpeg
IMG_0641.jpeg
IMG_0643.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, Gilmorneau! You are correct. The doors are in good shape. The rust is behind the door on the rocker panel.

As to the request for more pics (Bugsnbikes), I can take a few shots tomorrow.

Do you happen to have the rear forward facing bench seat?

I could be wrong and correct me if i am.
The Troopys didnt come with forward facing seats. They always had 4 rear seats to carry 8 passengers.
I have seen a few cars that have forward facing seat and personally I think it looks bad, and i believe the owners couldnt find rear side seats so they added a forward facing seat to the vehicle..

I could be wrong and correct me if i am.
The Troopys didnt come with forward facing seats.

Pretty sure you could get troopies in some markets with OEM forward facing rear bench seats. I've seen them in Australia for certain model years, and a few in Europe that seemed to me to be original. This one's in a 1988 that I know of:

1.jpg

Not common, from what I've seen, and, agreed, it's not that practical from an entry/egress point of view, but it's probably a lot safer for passengers than the side-facing seats.

FWIW, the Troopy that the OP is selling has the mount points for the side-facing bench seats, but did not come with them. They do show up once in a while if a buyer wanted to put them in.

If you look at the picture provided you can see the mounting points for the rear facing bench. Nice option if you have kids. Form follows function. I like the option. Install it until the kids get old enough and no longer want to spend time with their dad. Australia is where you see this application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom