SOLD 1985 Clean FJ60 Toyota Land Cruiser (Denver, CO) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VIN: JT3FJ60G4F1131124
ODOMETER: 202,700 miles
EXTERIOR/INTERIOR: Factory dark blue metallic (TLC#8B4) / Grey, blue pinstripe OEM
ENGINE: 4.2L 2F Inline-Six, 4-speed manual 4WD, 2-speed transfer case

InkedIMG-4623_LI.jpg

Summary

Clean and straight with 202,700 miles on the factory 2F 4.2L inline-six engine. Mostly original factory stock with some modern enhancements. This rig is in great condition - runs and drives without issues, and everything works as it should. All work done within the last 6 months. It's ready to be used as a daily driver, or it is perfectly primed for building the TLC of your dreams. Passed CO emissions in October 2017 and comes with a free/clear title. Asking $16,999

Link to additional photos and engine start video:
1985 TLC FJ60 - Google Drive

Brief Background

I purchased the vehicle in September 2017 from the previous owner in Colorado Springs with 202,200 miles. At that point, I had been searching a while for a clean FJ60 survivor to restore and found this one. It was in great condition with no issues being a daily driver on day 1, and required minimal work, most noticeably cosmetic (rock chips, faded paint, few dents; typical wear and tear). It was a perfect candidate for my dream rig: either an engine swap, rebuild, conversion, fuel-injection, or I could simply leave it as is and freshen up body/paint. I decided to do a complete frame-off restoration engine swap…well, a month later, while the car was being prepped/stripped for the shop, it was stolen from outside my building – no joke! Luckily, I witnessed it happening and was able to alert the authorities immediately. After 48 hours of restless anxiety, diligent persistence with law enforcement, and vigilantly searching across town myself, the car was thankfully recovered; however, the condition was obviously not the same (see pics in "Before" folder from above link). That derailed my initial engine swap/conversion plan, and instead, my new mission was to protect its survivorship and I spent the last 6 months bringing it to its current condition! T'was a nightmare scenario to say the least.

InkedIMG-4632_LI.jpg

IMG-4634.jpg

InkedIMG-4651_LI.jpg

IMG_4664.JPG

Few Noteworthy Items

• New 31x10.50 All-Terrain KO2 BFG tires
  • New 15x8 AR23 wheels
  • New paint in factory original color and body work done
  • Mostly factory stock interior, gauges, and badges in great condition (please note: the only blemish is a small tear in the bottom seat cushion on driver's side. A seat cover can be included at no additional charge)
  • Rewiring and grounding of all electrical components
  • Repaired all damaged items (front seat, dome light, horn, switches, etc)
  • New taillight grille guards
  • New KC HiLites Apollo Pro 6" 100w
  • Yakima roof rack and basket with spare lock cylinders and keys
  • Kenwood 7" touchscreen multi-media receiver with Bluetooth microphone
  • Rear-view backup camera with night vision and 175 degree wide angle
  • Alpine 5ch amp with focal speakers
  • New bolt-in center console powder coated black with cup holders and secure storage
  • New chrome grille black vinyl wrap, Toyota OEM logo, and headlamps
  • Replaced driver and passenger side mirrors with gloss black wide view mirrors
  • New dash cap
  • Brand new battery
  • Custom in-dash USB and HDMI ports

"Good to Know"
  • Windshield has a bullseye crack (~7mm) and a star crack (~5mm)
  • Passenger side window on the right is scratched
  • Steering feels like it may have slight excessive play, but others disagree, and it’s hardly noticeable so I haven’t been able to inspect the steering gear box just yet
  • Chassis/body is all factory OEM and could use a proper de-greasing/cleaning – some surface rust is present, but everything is structurally sound without severe corrosion
  • I have noticed some slight engine leaks on occasion but nothing concerning or unusual
  • The lock cylinders for the roof rack’s front tower have been removed
  • RH taillight lens cover has a stress crack
  • A/C appears to work just fine, but it is never used so I’m not sure how reliable the charge will be
  • Driver’s seat upholstery has a tear on the side of the bottom cushion
  • Technician stated the brakes should be checked soon; in working order now
  • Shifts smoothly, 2000-2500rpm sweet zone at each gear along with the classic 2F carbureted engine sound. No issues cruising alongside traffic but loves its gas!
  • Plenty of torque, but don’t expect to lead the way uphill on a highway until you’re in 4th @ 2000rpm (expected from 2F engine)

As mentioned previously, this FJ60 was in bad shape just six months ago, and was on its way to the salvage cemetery to be lost forever. It's a pleasure to drive and I wish I could enjoy it more, but I've done my part in keeping this beauty far away from the salvage yards and where it belongs - on the road! It's time for the next individual to appreciate and continue this rig's story!

Disclaimer: Price has now been lowered to sell immediately as I found my next project and need to free up cash before it's no longer available!

Last edited:

Summary

Clean and straight original survivor
  • New paint in factory original color and body work done

It looks pretty clean in the pics, but it required restoration.... so this 60 isn't a "survivor."

And good job on posting the "before" photos.

Last edited:
nice truck...seems like a fair price. more interior and undercarriage pics would be good.

It looks pretty clean in the pics, but it required restoration.... so this 60 isn't a "survivor."

And good job on posting the "before" photos.
@ace10 thank you for pointing that out. You are correct. It's mostly original, not a "survivor" by definition...solely by circumstance

Message sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom