For Sale 1985 BJ73 RHD Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This truck is practically a 'mud celebrity at this point... for sale is our beloved BJ73, "Moose."

Asking $10,000.

I bought Moose from Ratpuke back before I had a wife, a house, or a child... now that I have all three my transportation priorities have changed and he needs to move on. Originally a JDM vehicle, Ratpuke imported him to Canada sometime in the early 2000's - I purchased him in 2010 and legally imported him to the States on his 25th birthday in December 2009. Clean Indiana title, currently located in Colorado. Passed Colorado emissions in 2015. Generally used as a daily/commuter since 2010, but mostly a garage queen since 2016.

Everything works. Starts easy at any temperature, does not smoke. Luxury model has all the comforts like power steering and AC, in addition to the bullet proof 3B DIESEL engine that everyone loves. Gets better than 20 mpg. 190,000 miles (312,000 kms on odometer). Overall great condition (see lists below).

Vehicle is located south of Loveland, CO.

Factory equipment:
- 1985 BJ73 Landcruiser. "LX" model, code BJ73V-MN, VIN BJ73-0000531.
- Right hand drive
- Mid wheelbase w/ sliding/opening rear windows
- Removable fiberglass top, doors, and fold down windshield
- 3B engine - note this is NOT the mysterious 3B-II variant, but it does have the rotary vane injection pump due JDM origin. Some say rotary-pumped 3B's feel like they have a bit more pep, and owning both I agree.
- Manual H55f 5-speed transmission
- Power steering
- Air conditioning
- PTO gearbox and PTO winch
- 4.11 gears

Additional equipment:
- 33x10.5R15 BFG MTs on aluminum rims
- Belton 2.5" lift springs (designed/correct for the BJ73)
- Toyota suspension seats (these are from a CDN BJ70 - were not offered in the JDM market, but I wanted them)
- Custom rock sliders
- 12V DC-DC converter
- Updated stereo
- Digital water and EGT gauge (no, there's no turbo despite the EGT gauge... I just liked to drive to keep EGTs below 1250F)
- Custom "cruise control"

Known issues:
- Some body rust on lower edges of doors and rocker panels. Frame and structural components are great tho - surface corrosion only as appropriate for a 32 year old vehicle.
- Some significant paint chips from original Canadian life, see pics.
- Windshield is scratched from a mud incident. Its been this way for years so it's absolutely tolerable, however it does need to be replaced. Windshields are available in the US right from the dealership, p/n 56111-60230.
- Contains the infamous "SuperGlow" glow plug timer which no longer functions properly, as is typical. Glow plug system operates fine and starts easy, but you need to manually cycle the key to energize the plugs for the amount of time you deem necessary.
- Air conditioning works, but I believe it does have a slow leak. The system has not been converted to R-134a, so filling it with R-22 is expensive and perhaps foolish. If you like I can charge the system with an "environmentally friendly" R-22 substitute like Envirosafe so you can verify that it works, but I suspect it will leak out over the course of a summer. R-134a conversions are not difficult on this vehicle.

20170430_171702.jpg

20170430_171657.jpg

20170430_171652.jpg

20170430_171646.jpg

20170430_171640.jpg

Last edited:
Did you sell it?

Is this still available? If so, PM me current pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom