For Sale 1984 Euro Spec FJ40 - Canada (Ontario) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am thinning out the herd. I did not think this day would come but I have decided to let go of my unique and unmolested 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40, which has been in de family for 20 years.

My asking price is $40,000 (or $55,000 CAD). I don’t expect it to sell here but I have been a member here for many years so I thought I’d share it here. Some info will be obvious for enthusiasts like you, but I am using the text I used in my listing on another website.

My FJ40 is an investment. I have put much effort and money to keep it as close to OEM as possible.
I have not used my Land Cruiser Off Road.

It is unique in many ways. My FJ40 is a low mileage Euro Spec Land Cruiser with its original 4.2L 6 cylinder inline gasoline engine and factory 5 speed and front disk brakes. These are unique specs for a FJ40 and makes it probably one of the few if not the only one on the continent. The 5 speed also makes it useable in todays traffic.

It is completely stock and numbers matching, which is impossible to find nowadays. It only has approximately 123,000 kilometres (or 76,000 miles)

The Land Cruiser has been restored in the Netherlands in 2006/2007, and no cost has been spared. My asking price doesn’t even cover what has been spent on it. It is fully documented with detailed pictures, which I can share on request.

It has been a frame-off restoration (powder coated) and the body has been media blasted, dipped etc… The interior has flip up bench seats and is finished in matching grey leather and the exterior is Toyota Dune Beige (416). It originally was delivered in white and was painted red for duty at Rotterdam Airport fire department. It was yellow when I bought it. This history probably helped it survive and explains the low mileage.

We emigrated to Canada in 2007. I am a car collector and decided to only ship one vehicle to our new home. So I sold my other cars (a Miata, Lexus IS and Porsche 911) and used part of that money to restore the FJ. It was then shipped in a container with our furniture in 2008. It has sadly barely been used since, about 15k km (9,000 miles) in 10 years. It has a few small blemishes from being parked outside but these are easy fixed and I will gladly point them out if interested.

Fqj8bQq.jpg

very nice

GLWTS

bummer no PS or a/c.

attention Greg @overton

Thanks. It never came with PS or AC. I have to say that I don't miss power steering. It has a big hoop and my wife thinks I'm strong !

Hi, I am about 20 minutes north of the NY state border. Toronto is about 3.5 hours east of me. I'm the blue dot

I have one person seriously interested but it is not sold yet.

qFOOaNp.png

Great. I am in Rochester NY, so we arent too far away. I have a few questions for you and would like to perhaps arrange a chance to see it. Can I call you or send you a private message?

Sounds great. I can PM you my details and forward the answers to the questions the other person asked. I also made a couple of short video's for him. I am not a Vlogger so forgive me the production quality haha

I just spammed your PM. box with a lot of info. Enjoy !

Thanks !

Here's two more pics I just took:

s0KC9dF.jpg

bXTeXZR.jpg

It is generating quite a bit of buzz.

For those who are interested, it is now listed on Autotrader and eBay with some new pictures and description.

You can also contact me directly. :cheers:

Lowered my price to $52,500 CAD. (or $39,500 US)

My FJ40 is sold. It will stay in Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom