1983 fj60 build up (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

starter rebuild

new contacts installed add in the new plunger and spring, put on the cap and reinstall....man what a difference...the motor spins like nobodys business now. well worth the money and much cheaper than a reman...
s9.jpg
s10.jpg

Paint job looks great. Rattle can?

rattle can indeed. its awesome. most people cry when their paint gets scratched. i first dont care, second i reach into the back seat pull out my spray can, give it a spray, no more scratch....i love it

good looking build, what part of central va are you at?

good looking build, what part of central va are you at?

thanks im trying....so much you want to do....just not enough $$$$

i live in farmville...about an hour south west of richmond, an hour south of charlottesville, and about 45 min east of lynchburg....kind of smack in the center of the state

thanks im trying....so much you want to do....just not enough $$$$

i live in farmville...about an hour south west of richmond, an hour south of charlottesville, and about 45 min east of lynchburg....kind of smack in the center of the state

Hardy (Smith Mountain Lake) is where I call home but work keeps me on travel 95% of the time. and I for sure know it takes alot to build one of these up. I am trying to tell my future wife i need a plasma cutter and tubing bender because it will be cheaper to build bumpers and sliders lol.

those are the two tools on my wish list too....good luck with the convincing....lol

Nice TLC. Just one idea - if you can mount the hitch coupler in the rear bumper rather than under it, you'll improve your departure angle quite a bit.

If your looking for a nice rocky place to play, have a look at Crozet. Nice people and great terrain.

Just lurked trough your whole story here, nice to see some kick ass fabbing and creativity!
If there is one thing i should point out, i think the roof rack is a bit too high, but thats just me...
I really like the rear ass chop, planning on doing that on mine to.
Can u give away more details on the tire carrier? how did you set the height of the spindle?
did you drill the inner spindle to make it greaseable? Really like the whole thing, simple and rugged!
I will definately put a gas strut on there to hold the carrier open in witchever terrain.

Keep it up, can't wait to get my mig and some steel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom