SOLD 1982 FJ40 Marietta Ga $30k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Red
I’m offering my FJ40 through auction on www.bringatrailer.com. Please view photos and videos there if interested. It’s best
63B29620-7F4A-4D66-AFEF-31B12D908199.jpeg
to contact me through that listing if you have any questions or have interest. Thanks!

98C5E02E-B333-47C1-B11C-F09680979FF8.jpeg

3D659D2A-3199-4EA0-806C-429F6FECFC78.jpeg

C3357AEC-F86B-41FA-BC28-F1DC15DEBD98.jpeg

92B0B04F-5A07-4E8A-BAC8-9578C54E8F65.jpeg

Yea, that makes it a tough one....

Thanks for checking it out @mudpaws and @Haggis. I understand that completely. My FJ40 was issued a “salvage” title in 1992. Fortunately the truck is in great shape and there are no issues with whatever accident caused the insurer to elect not to repair it 30 years ago. It’s not a fully restored 40, but I’ve put a lot of personal time and money on top of other owners over the years to ensure this original and rare late model stays on the road. If anyone reads these comments please take a look at the listing later today. I will post a thorough walk around video.

Walk around video has been posted to the BAT listing. The auction is live until Monday Jan 11th. Check it out! Thanks

I have have insurance through Geico so that’s not an issue. The salvage title is old and no longer is connected to the car. In Ga we don’t have to transfer a title that old so it has basically expired. It has been issued clean title in Florida and Alabama but this were not transferred through previous purchases either. For more info on the 40 please check out the walk around video on the BAT website referenced in the listing. Thanks for checking it ou!

Thanks @McSavage, I tend to agree that the title is not a big deal at this point (for me).

I’m just trying to figure out if there something I’m overlooking about the importance of the salvage title. For example, will it make it difficult to register and/or insure in certain states? @Haggis @mudpaws

I am following on BAT.

That’s a great question! I wish I could find out how different states would treat this situation. Two clean titles after a salvage. Three states! I have a Georgia registration that is current and hopefully would be all that is needed. Thanks @ionyota! I’ll keep digging but if you find out any information please pass it along.

Here in Alabama, they don't do titles for vehicles this old. You only get a registration and need a bill of sale. So they could be a lot of vehicles coming through Alabama or other states that don't title anymore and you'd never know. GLWS
BTW most states websites have the current policies posted online.

Thanks to everyone who has checked out the auction listing. There is considerable interest and I’m preparing myself to part with her. This is not going to be easy! If you are interested the auction ends tomorrow after noon at 3:55.
And thanks @George Amonette for that recent update on Alabama titles. This 40 has been in Georgia for at least 14 years after time in FL and AL.

The auction did not meet my reserve price. Please message me here with any questions. I will respond quickly! This is a great truck and available for test drive or mechanic examination. Thanks for checking it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom