1982 2WD Pickup front bumper options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a 1982 Sunrader and have plans for revamping the living quarters this winter. It only has 32k miles on it, so I'd also like to protect the cab/front end from deer hits - very common in our area. Wanted an ARB, but apparently no longer available for my generation.

Does anyone know what strong front bumpers are available for this generation Pickup? My plan for next year is to SAS it from a 2WD, so would like to have protection. Thanks in advance!

My understanding if someone can verify is that the 84-85 ARB will fit the 79-83 4WD if you either trim the wings or your fenders. I don’t know about the 2WD.

Curious about the ARB option as it's my favorite design with the upper protection across the entire front. My main purpose is to protect this super low mile and somewhat collectible rig from the errant deer hit. So, would love to know if the fit issue works as I'll trim the bumper to fit. I'll check out AO as well.

Any further input here? I found an 85 front bumper and wondering if it will fit regarding frame width/mounts, etc. Were there any changes. Also it's on a 4WD and mines a 2WD if that's useful. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom