1981 Pick-up Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Few bucks more, new, longer deck, brakes and dovetail

NEW 2016 CAR HAULER TRAILER 6'10 x 18'

My vote, keep looking. Not sure down that way, but they pop up up here fairly regularly.

Make a deal and I will drag it to GSMTR for you.

That does look a lot nicer for not much more. New ones similar to that here are running $2000-2400. I appreciate the offer :beer: but I was hoping to tow to GSMTR and can you imagine towing that trailer home with a tired 22r for 4.5 hrs after wheeling all week

That does look a lot nicer for not much more. New ones similar to that here are running $2000-2400. I appreciate the offer :beer: but I was hoping to tow to GSMTR and can you imagine towing that trailer home with a tired 22r for 4.5 hrs after wheeling all week

dad just picked one up similar to Jynx's link for $1800 I think south of Atlanta. You need to talk with Danny Ponton here on mud, he sells trailers down near Macon but for the right trailer a drive is well worth it. I'll hit him up for you.

Just a quick search

New 82x18 Wood Car Hauler

dad just picked one up similar to Jynx's link for $1800 I think south of Atlanta. You need to talk with Danny Ponton here on mud, he sells trailers down near Macon but for the right trailer a drive is well worth it. I'll hit him up for you.

I'd be very interested in that and don't mind the drive to Macon. After hearing your and Jynx's input and my own 2nd thoughts, I backed out on the trailer close to me.

Thanks Ted! If I can remember my wallet, I owe you guys a beer.

I'd be very interested in that and don't mind the drive to Macon. After hearing your and Jynx's input and my own 2nd thoughts, I backed out on the trailer close to me.

Thanks Ted! If I can remember my wallet, I owe you guys a beer.

don't owe me nothing, just looking out for ya. Text on its way shortly, he is expecing your call tomorrow or whenever you're ready.

He dealt. Needs a couple tires but we got the price right.

image.jpeg

Got it for $1200. Nothing too fancy other than that - 3500 lb axles, brakes only on 1 axle, slide in ramps. It appears to be a 2006 model, but the owner said he kept up with service, lube, brakes, etc. It could use some paint, but it'll at least match the junk it's towing.

Got it for $1200. Nothing too fancy other than that - 3500 lb axles, brakes only on 1 axle, slide in ramps. It appears to be a 2006 model, but the owner said he kept up with service, lube, brakes, etc. It could use some paint, but it'll at least match the junk it's towing.

that's a very reasonable deal and a much better choice than the other, congrats!

In anticipation of some steep hills at gsmtr, I tried this carb mod:

How to make a weber climb a hill.

The only difference with my Weber was that a port was already present (see first pic). So, it was simply JB weld the float bowl vent, add the copper line, and route to the charcoal canister. Hopefully this will quench my efi jealousy.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Got the mixer on and regulator bracket fabbed up. Pulled most of the old fuel stuff off but not too much in case I need to hook something back up.

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

Propane swap is 95% done - just need to find some 12v power. For those running propane, where have you gone to get power? I'd like to use a switched source but not sure if it needs to be fused and if so what rating to run. I tried the old carb's electric choke/fuel solenoid wires but that doesn't seem to be working. I'd also like to avoid the cigarette lighter as I'm running my ARB compressor off that circuit. Ideally, I'd like to find something to tap into in the engine bay. Any input is appreciated. I've got a call into gotpropane, but I'm impatient and they're on west coast time.

You talking about for the Solenoid power? The samurai has an on/off toggle in the dash for the solenoid. I will have to check and see if it is fused (knowing the guy that put it in, probably not). It runs directly to the battery, thru the switch and then back to the solenoid. A trick way to set it up would be to find the ignition circuit and use a relay that is triggered by the key. When you turn the key to "on" it closes the relay to turn the solenoid on. That way it is always on when you have the key on. Now that I just thought of that, I think I may try to do something like that on the Sammy at some point.

Otherwise, I would say a 15A fuse would be fine. What size wire did they send with the kit? Worst case just match the fuse to the supplied wire size. And put a simple toggle in the dash.

cant really answer the question but I assume you have more than 1 tank. If Johns rig is any indication you'll use a tank per day, maybe slightly longer but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom