1981 Fj45 Flagstaff AZ USA (1 Viewer)

Do you like the green rims or do you think they should be OEM grey steelies

• I like the way it is--Green!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I think grey steelies would look better

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I have! It's going slow, had to take some time off for a welding job that i could not refuse due to the coin !!!. anyway I am at the point of mocking the engine and tyranny mounts redoing the fan shroud , some fire wall work front and rear axle done disc brakes done I was not able to use the H engine so I oped with a 5.3 vortex don't think I will be sorry?

You did this whole build and now that it is done .....you're doing a motor swap? Seems counterproductive.
You won't be disappointed with a 5.3 though. It's a good running motor.

I know you told about the troopy last year when I asked about your pickup. I have done my troopy in the meantime and is going awesome. I am sorry for letting your H2 gone.. never mind the vortex will give you the grumpy sound anyway ;)
When I finish this 2F troopy the next project is a real beast - soft top troopy with a 12H-T, 2.5" lift on Ultimate Suspension from Sydney and oem p/s.
You should start a thread with your troopy build, I'd love to watch it! Others too for sure!

Hay jakA I see you are in Phoenix, Do you every make it up north to flag?

Yepper. I have a good friend that lives up there. Spent a few days cruising my topless 40 earlier this month.

flag617 (4).jpg

yes I should ,but it seems like not enough time in a day to do the things you would like. I am talking tons of pick's so hopefully i will be able to start a thread without having to stop

jackA looks like your by Kendrick mountain? next time you come up give me a call I'd love to see your 40 up close and shoot the s***!!! 928-606-5244

Curious if you seen the red FJ45 pickup with the green top? Looks like a 4" round pipe for a rear bumper. LHD mid seventies. Spotted when I was in Flagstaff Monday.

jackA looks like your by Kendrick mountain? next time you come up give me a call I'd love to see your 40 up close and shoot the s***!!! 928-606-5244

That pic is up by Lockheart meadow. I will save your number and give ya a call next time I am up there.

Iv'e seen it, it is by my house at a auto shop still has the straight six in it the body is so so some rust got my eye on it!!!

I took a pretty close look at it. Dated as a 75. Guy from the shop confirmed that. Drums all around. Full floater rear. No heater or dash pad probably from Costa Rica or Columbia. Does have enough rust. Didn't look to close to see what they to mount that awful bumper. Can't get to the projects I already have including my 65 pickup. The guy at the shop said the owner also has a 76 FJ40 that worked and the owner though the truck was worth about $25K. It's a long ways away from be worth anywhere near that much. Can find traybacks in Australia for cheap and convert to LHD pretty easy with a cowl switch and adding a steering box pedestal.

25K he's out of his mindo_O you were 4 miles from my house, and I like meeting new cruiser nut's, give me a call next time your up. I don't think he will get it but you never know?

928-606-5244

It's hit and miss when I'm in Flagstaff. Usually only there for a few hours at a time. We live part time in Happy Jack. Split our shopping trips between Winslow, Payson and Flagstaff. Monday we were at Wizard checking on a insert for our fireplace. Wanting to free up some floor space by replacing the wood burning stove. Everytime we think about the loss of efficiency, no outside air option and having to run the fan all the time we decide against it. Having our electric furnace replaced with a propane furnace would be cheaper than having a insert installed. Could also import a Australian trayback cheaper then what they want.

No, it was not me twisted my ankle last week and just been sitting around wishing I could work on my Troopy:cry: was it a RHD or LHD ?

No, it was not me twisted my ankle last week and just been sitting around wishing I could work on my Troopy:cry: was it a RHD or LHD ?

Didn't even noticed RHD or LHD. Wasn't driving but parked in a yard a ways away from the road. Not a busy road but really didn't have shoulder and looked like stalker and didn't want to get shot. It was green and had a 79+ square bezel. No top and aftermarket bucket seats. Was too far east of were the other one was on highway 89. But was off in a neighborhood. Later that day realized I had a camera in the center console. We get in the area at least once month and if its not yours I will snap a photo.

Last edited:
Next time your going to come to Flag drop me a note or call, I am usually home wouldn't mine shooting the s*** with y'all:cheers:
928-606-5244

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom