For Sale 1980 Rare LHD European Troop Carrier (1 Viewer)

CHAS404

Volcan 4x4, LLC
SILVER Star
Good luck. Very nice truck. Be patient/wary of ebay sales. I have had very little luck with ebay.

Pretty sure the buyer flaked. I have left 50 or so phone messages , emails nothing, it's been over a month now. Non-Mud member from the Midwest. Going to give him until the first of the year. Opinions ??

greenbeast

GOLD Star
Screw him, I would have tried to call twice. Apparently the prospective buyer is a lying douche bag!

That troopy is too sweet, someone reliable will pick it up. I'm still waiting on my prospective troopy to arrive. If things are not what I expect I will be in touch.

Hey there-- I just emailed you-- If you havent sold this yet, get in touch with me!! I live in San Diego and would love to come check it out.. Cheers

Took a very small deposit to sell at 35K. Reaching out to the individual to finalize the deal.
You posted at 28k and sold with a tiny deposit at $35k and the guy is flaking? Hmm....How tiny and how were the sale terms made? How long has the check been "cleared"? That sounds like scam tactics through and through. I had "offers" like that every time I posted a cruise up for sale. Nobody pays more than asking unless in an auction. If you were accepting multiple offers to drive the price up, you should have just put it in an auction. $7k is a BIG jump and would make me wonder.

You posted at 28k and sold with a tiny deposit at $35k and the guy is flaking? Hmm....How tiny and how were the sale terms made? How long has the check been "cleared"? That sounds like scam tactics through and through. I had "offers" like that every time I posted a cruise up for sale. Nobody pays more than asking unless in an auction. If you were accepting multiple offers to drive the price up, you should have just put it in an auction. $7k is a BIG jump and would make me wonder.

He flew down to look at it. Left a cash deposit, $200, which I still have in the envelope he gave me. Says he wasn't planning on flipping it. You are correct, I was asking $28K, I complied a list in the order I received them, he was the third to look and made a cash deposit to buy at $35k. It's been well over a month. Numerous phone and email messages left, NOTHING. Plan on resurrecting the old interest list which I have kept after the holidays.

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Mike (aka ghetto fireman)

Hey Mike - good luck with (re)sale. Look forward to hearing from you if you get to my name on the list!

Mike--
If they flake out, please contact me asap-- I have been looking for one for a while and have cash to buy--
Thanks
Jon
760 846 1610

Hi there

Just so nobody thinks there are loads of these in Europe let me just put them straight, they are almost impossible to find and if you are lucky enough to find a good one you will pay a hell of a lot more than 28k USD

If your interested in this truck buy it you will struggle to ever find another, I buy cruisers all the time in Europe and they are hard to find and even if you do find an HJ Troopy most are rusty as hell.

Giles

Ghetto Fireman,
I would like to discuss the purchase of your HJ. Is there a good number to reach you? We are a family of 6 and my MWB BJ44 soft top just doesn't accomodate our needs in Colorado. Please let me know when we can correspond ASAP, thank you!

Thanks for the replies. I plan on relisting my Troopy based on the inquires when I first put it for sale. Yes, I've saved them all. I've been out of town for the holidays and plan to figure this mess out this week. Thanks for your patience.

Mike

Wow... Really? You should go to eBay since nothing is materializing. If this was turbo'ed, I might have bought it two months ago. GLWS.

Randy Mugford

SILVER Star
Curious, what kind of highway speeds could a H motor in that rig achieve. How much does it slow down when encountering a hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom