1977 fj45 with unimog axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checking for any interest in my truck. The truck is more than I need and doesn't accommodate my 3 kids (with another on the way).

Check out my thread "mogd 45" for pics.

6.5 TD (300hp)
700r4
203/205 t-cases
M-b unimog axles (9:1 ratio) with custom disc brakes (2 calipers per wheel)
4 link rear suspension and 3 link front
Hydro boost system
47x17 swamped LTB with double beadlocks
12R20 Michelin XML on mog rims

Bunch of other stuff as well. I just don't get to enjoy the truck often enough and thought it might be better to sell it to someone who might.

Been running the truck in moab this week. Running great. It does need some work though (ex. New seals in the rear axle, couple link ends need to be rebuilt/replaced)

$17,000 CAD

DSCN5133_zpsfc475a89.jpg.html

Last edited:
Nope. Still kinda tryin. If it doesn't sell it will likely be morphed into something different, never to be seen the same again!! Ha

Did you get it through the Alberta road inspection? I'll have an Alberta address soon (early spring) and would be interested if it were able to be licensed without a big hassle. Would be a lot of fun on a farm acreage and as a hunting rig.

How much does it weigh? Any idea on legalities for US import? I think the age is fine. Would be a long haul shipping to GA. Any idea on cost?

How much does it weigh? Any idea on legalities for US import? I think the age is fine. Would be a long haul shipping to GA. Any idea on cost?

The truck is probably between 6200-6500lbs.
I can bring it to the Montana border (600mi from where I live), it would be yours to haul from there.

I don't have any idea on costs. I imagine there are several reputable freight shippers that could give you a quote..... but you are WAY down there!

is it street legal?

SBTC - There are a range of answers to your question.

Do I have it registered/insured for the road? - yes

Did I have to get it inspected for my insurance? - yes

Was I comfortable driving on the road around town? - with the smaller tires, yes. With the bigger tires its a little abnoxious... but not too bad (there are other big trucks around here that people drive every day!!)

Will I get any tickets while driving it? - Depends on the day. Depends on the officer. Depends on your neighborhood. Tires stick out past the fenders, I have no mud flaps covering the back of the tires and there is no rear bumper.

Diesel - That probably answers some of your questions. It's also possible to insure as an offroad only rig through certain companies.

B

Truck is still sitting in the yard.

Price Dropped.... again. $17kCAD

Last edited:
ty... love the truck. Trying desperately to get the little lady on board!

PM sent.

Is it still for sale? If I could get my 40 sold, I would buy it!

Sure it's still for sale. Get it before it gets torn apart and becomes my next project.

Ok. Just started advertising locally to sell some of the parts (the engine, tranny, tcases, tires, wheels) to start gauging the interest in parts.

If it looks like I can sell some of the major components...... it's being stripped.
It's still for sale as a whole truck (and I've found complete, next to new, axle assemblies for it - that I haven't acted on yet).

$15k. $13k without the LTBs

Truck was sold. Forgot to put an update on this thread.

Another Canadian has picked up the torch.

Checking for any interest in my truck. The truck is more than I need and doesn't accommodate my 3 kids (with another on the way).

Check out my thread "mogd 45" for pics.

6.5 TD (300hp)
700r4
203/205 t-cases
M-b unimog axles (9:1 ratio) with custom disc brakes (2 calipers per wheel)
4 link rear suspension and 3 link front
Hydro boost system
47x17 swamped LTB with double beadlocks
12R20 Michelin XML on mog rims

Bunch of other stuff as well. I just don't get to enjoy the truck often enough and thought it might be better to sell it to someone who might.

Been running the truck in moab this week. Running great. It does need some work though (ex. New seals in the rear axle, couple link ends need to be rebuilt/replaced)

$17,000 CAD

DSCN5133_zpsfc475a89.jpg.html
Hey I want to buy your truck text me 7577246644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom