SOLD 1977 FJ45 Pickup $12,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image1 (1024x768).jpg
It was partially restored roughly 10 yrs ago, driven a couple years (owner used to transport his construction supplies!) then sat in a heated garage for last 8 years.

Aqualu aluminum box, tub, doors and front fenders
Bezel, windscreen and hood were replaced at time of restoration
New Warn M8000 winch
New carb and radiator
Full floater stock rear axle
Original Split rims
Tires are excellent condition but old
Missing dash pad
Fuel tank was just emptied and all lines cleared.
No rust in tank
Paint so-so
One heavy duty welded patch in passenger front floor in front of Aqualu tub
Original grey/beige color is still on firewall
A few rust bubbles on the original cab back piece behind head
Soft top only
All glass is still great
Horn is not working
Easily importable to USA. Location: Vancouver Canada
$12,0000 USD
Pics on the CL thread
1977 FJ45

Vids on my youtube channel

Last edited:
BUMP

bumpa

When I brought a 77 FJ45 across Ar Roosville, they nailed me for 25% of purchase price in taxes, because it was a "truck".
Some said I got nailed, others said not.
What is correct?

Your are actually correct...according to my experience. I bought a 45 pick up in Canada and was checked at the border. The guy at the border(sitting behind the counter and never standing up to look at my rig) went into great detail about how lucky I was that my Landcruiser was not a pickup. Said a guy had gone thru earlier in the week and was shocked by the 25% tax on a $20,000+ truck. I was looking in my rearview the first couple miles just waiting for them to figure out that I did have a truck.

IF you paid a 25% fee you got ripped off. Sold my 45 to a guy in FL and there were no extra fees crossing the border

It all depends on the border agent. I've imported 5 non-US vehicles (2 into Washington and 3 into Montana) and have only had to pay duty on the 2 in Washington. One of those was a Hilux pickup, and it was 2-3%. I have called CBP a couple of times to try to nail down the definition of "truck" but have had no luck. Unless the vehicle is there at the border crossing they won't give any definite information about the eligibility or the duty.

SOLD

Technically chicken tax applies to all (non Canadian made) light trucks imported to USA. Light truck being a pickup or 2 door SUV. Whether your 25 yr old or older classic gets hit with it is the luck of the draw (or which agent you get).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom