For Sale 1977 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

By no means is this in perfect condition or fully restored but is very clean in all the spots that it should be and has been very well taken care of. From my research which I've done a lot of anytime fully restored or restoration comes in the play with these vehicles it's going to be hard to find anything less than $30,000 and have the original motor.

. All the suspension was done by redline cruisers which specializes in FJ40 restoration in Colorado Springs pro comp 2.5 lift leafs as well as bilstien 5100 series shocks all done less than 60 days ago and was done right as well as new wheels and tires and have receipts for everything that has been done and when. All new tire rod ends ,new exhaust , new roll bar and pretty much all interior was replaced including headliner so there is a lot that has been done to bring this to a very clean status which was again either done by redline or locally here in Colorado

Drivability is great the motor was rebuilt as told to me by the previous owner. It drives excellent starts great stays started great transmission shifts perfectly. Drives in a straight line at 65 on the highway and everywhere else so you won't be disappointed there as far as a daily driver.

As far as the rust goes there isn't much compared to others. Below the right ambulance door and I'm sure some behind the diamond plate as I have never taking it off although you can stick your head behind the rear tire and see that there isn't much rust there. These rust spots have not progressed during my ownership which has been a little over two years now and from my research isn't that much rust to worry about so I never addressed it.

There are a couple of reasons why I'm selling. First off I just moved last week in the property I bought does not have a garage. Speaking on the property which I just bought in Boulder is making me a little over stretched to be completely honest. It does not get driven very much and I cannot justify keeping it.

$28,000

IMG_0051[1].JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

View attachment 1428718

Last edited:
Cool FJ40. IMHO, your price may be a bit ambitious based on the diamond plate, sunroof and minor rust, but you never know. GLWS, and I dig the unique keychain!

Cool FJ40. IMHO, your price may be a bit ambitious based on the diamond plate, sunroof and minor rust, but you never know. GLWS, and I dig the unique keychain!

x3 on Law Dog - awesome FJ40 man but I see this falling somewhere in the $16-18k category.

But hey, still a beautiful cruiser! GLWS OP :cheers:

Absolutely beautiful 40! My wife and I just went under contract on a home up in Golden. While it has a garage, I fear that I'll be in a similar situation as you with either my 40, or my 80 (and I just sold my 62 on here last week). I'm thinking one of the others will need to go as well..
Good luck with the sale man, I sure wish I could take it off of your hands. I believe you'll certainly get north of 20K for her.

Likewise, we should get together sometime. Maybe when more of the snow melts off, we can hit a trail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom