1973 FJ40 front seating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Right now Nayla has some godawful bucket seats that seem to have come from a pinto or chevette. What are some bucket seats that folks have put in? She is a 1973 FJ40.
Thanks for any ideas.
Edith

Honda Civic, Toyota 4Runner, Isuzu Rodeo, BMW. Troll some junkyards and see what's out there. European stuff (MB, Audi) can be harder to fit. You will have to study the rails closely, measure many times, take your cell phone with pix to the junkyard, etc. Extremely bolstered seats can make getting in/out difficult, so avoid those unless you want a lot of support.

I bought Procar Pro 90 seats and adapter brackets for mine. Came from Summit Racing. Ended up sticking with my stock front bench and would be willing to pass them on to you for a deal. I'm in Atlanta.

I bought Procar Pro 90 seats and adapter brackets for mine. Came from Summit Racing. Ended up sticking with my stock front bench and would be willing to pass them on to you for a deal. I'm in Atlanta.
Thanks,
What are you asking?

Honestly the stock seats are pretty darn good when reupholstered with cloth inserts and a bit of extra foam. I like the essentially stock look, and there's no messing around with adapters.
IMG_7364.JPG

Mine are not stock.
These look great!
Thanks—Yes, I noticed in your first post you had Frankenstein seats. I just thought you might consider finding a pair of stock seats and having them redone among your options.

Hi Ben,
Do you know how much you want for the seats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom