For Sale 1971 FJ40 CUMMINS DIESEL 5 SPEED FULLY RESTORED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1971 FJ40 CUMMINS DIESEL WITH 5 SPEED FULLY RESTORED NO EXPENSE SPARED ASKING $39,900
CALL ROBERT ROSS 720-879-4069 MORE PICS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

DSC_0001.JPG

The looks of Toyota and the reliability of a dodge truck, Awesome! I missed where the 40K was? Somewhere? Never mind. "Fully Restored" means something completely different. I wonder why the heater is in the cab but the Blower is not under the hood. What is the point of that? Thats a part of no expense spared maybe.

as has been said already, great looking 40, nice colour and all around very nice BUT, to claim a full frame off resto with no expense spared? yeah right.

im sure there are plenty plus people who would love this 40 and be willing to pay a fair price, but its then only fair to be honest as the seller from the word go.

otherwise your just going to get ripped to shreds by people who really know what to look for on this forum.

again,nice 40, just tell it like it is. thats all anyone asks

No skid plate.
Rear heater is missing.
Look at the green door handle, matches the blue paint nicely and surely is a repro part.

But wait!!! There's more!

Notice the double hose clamps? Means he didn't fit one length of hose from the rad to the engine. Just made do joining two together...

Brings new meaning to the word restored.

When someone claims 'Frame Off', you ask them for pictures of that. If they are telling the truth they should be able to produce some pics that show the work done. If they can't produce some before pics and pics of the work, I would walk away. After pictures don't tell the true story.
This FJ40 is NOT a frame off restoration. I did a frame off to my 1973 Ford Bronco and believe me I can tell the difference. And, from the pics you can tell that whoever 'restored' this FJ40 wasn't that worried about attention to detail either.

This is frame off restoration.
Here is when I started...
Front_end_removed_-_2_zpskeknvnr8.jpg

RearFloor2_zpsctrcp4zj.jpg

Then after tons of body work...
Bronco_RearOpen_zpsllvwbasc.jpg

Cowl1_zpsjz1qgwah.jpg

Prep5_zpsr6bgjvr4.jpg

Then the body came off the frame ( OFF the FRAME!)
Bronco6_zpsvwbwbhsf.jpg

Frame was stripped, treated, painted...
photo%201_zpspcgmuet2.jpg

Then I totally rebuilt everything. Old rear leafs in this picture due to new leafs on back order.
photo%203_zpslsbaxuac.jpg

Chassis1_zpsgd4qnsvo.jpg

Chassis3_zps03yjf82z.jpg

IMG_2256_zps3xcoygt8.jpg

20160605_101251_zpsc6bldqlr.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking Bronco! I remember them well when new.

Thanks. I've owned the Bronco since 07. Just finished the frame off end of last year. It has the 302 and three on the tree. Mostly all stock except the fuel tank, 2.5" suspension lift and mine was not a ranger so shouldn't have chrome trim on the grill. I guess everything is for sale but I built it to drive. It is as new with everything rebuilt or replaced. And I have a stack of receipts and pictures to prove it :).

Last edited:
Anyway if the seller has before pics showing the body off the frame, post them. At least show some before pics. Proof of the work that was actually done. I know the hours it takes to do it right and time is money as well as parts.

it appears the seller has gone very quiet indeed...

it appears the seller has gone very quiet indeed...

I believe he is starting a frame off restoration of the frame off restoration. Maybe he didn't think before he showed it to all the eagle-eyed people here on MUD. Or maybe he didn't think the eagle-eyed people here on MUD wouldn't see all the deficiencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom