SOLD 1970 FJ40 Original style roll bar. Wanted OR TRADE for my full roll bar in Southern California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for the an original toyota 40 series roll bar for my 40. This one I have is cool but it's a bit overkill for my needs. I'm looking to buy one local or hopefully trade for mine. Mine is tape wrapped. Not certain of the condition underneath, but I think the bar was new when wrapped if I remember the last owner correctly. It has the integrated center dome light. It's still mounted in my truck, but I'm going to be taking it out in the next couple of weeks if I can find an original style

FJ40 rollbar.jpg

Looking for the an original toyota 40 series roll bar for my 40. This one I have is cool but it's a bit overkill for my needs. I'm looking to buy one local or hopefully trade for mine. Mine is tape wrapped. Not certain of the condition underneath, but I think the bar was new when wrapped if I remember the last owner correctly. It has the integrated center dome light. It's still mounted in my truck, but I'm going to be taking it out in the next couple of weeks if I can find an original style

View attachment 2886437
Nice looking 40 Grant!

1970 would not have had a rollbar from the factory
if you get a stock rollbar from a later 40 you will need to space out the rear jumpseats for clearance
also there is no rear support for the rear leg, unless it was added already for the rollbar you have currently

another option would be to remove the front section of your existing unit and leave the main hoop and rear legs
a cut off wheel and grinder would have it seperated in less than 20 minutes

Last edited:
On my 1976 Colombia spec 40, it came without roll bar. I plan on doing this to my stock US spec 1976 roll bar to accommodate the longer jump seats.

3A903B34-5A7A-4CB7-8824-81CF4268AB89.jpeg
3980B22E-BDA8-48D5-A998-F8AEEE720468.jpeg

I have a good one, that I purchased from a fellow Mudder but is too nice for my truck, I just R&R'd the one that came with my truck. I'm local in LA. PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom