1970 2F Emissions Pic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Got the carb rebuilt on my '79 55 but they didn't do anything with the emission/vacuum hoses. Could someone running a '79 shoot me over some pictures of their hoses. I'm hoping that and the diagram I have will be a head start.

Thanks all!

Ryan

Hey guys,

Got the carb rebuilt on my '79 55 but they didn't do anything with the emission/vacuum hoses. Could someone running a '79 shoot me over some pictures of their hoses. I'm hoping that and the diagram I have will be a head start.

Thanks all!

Ryan

PS: we need pics of your '79! PS? AC?

They are different from year to year. I have one labelled 1979-1980 but it's not 100% accurate with what I have in the engine bay :)

Here is mine, she has factory PS. I've got an FJ55 specific AC set up but haven't done anything with it yet.

FJ55.jpg

Ha! I've redone this thing twice in the last 15 years. Getting it ready for a new paint job (got some bubbling happening), so I need it to be mobile!

They are different from year to year. I have one labelled 1979-1980 but it's not 100% accurate with what I have in the engine bay :)

Here is mine, she has factory PS. I've got an FJ55 specific AC set up but haven't done anything with it yet.

View attachment 2355018

My '78 manual references 3 different flavors for 1978 - Federal, California or High-Altitude specifications.

Any chance you are looking at the wrong variation for '79?

It's possible. I do have printed schematic for both the Federal and California. So far it's leaning towards the Fed (although the truck came up from CA). And of course, like any old Cruiser who knows what was done prior to me owning it. I'll shoot some pictures over.

Here are some quick-n-dirties of what I'm looking at:

Emissions1.jpg

Emissions2.jpg

Emissions3.jpg

Ha! I was looking at that as well, but it didn't seem as straight forward as I thought it was.

I do not but will look him up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom