1969 voltage regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if a solid state replacement is made for this earlier regulator? Right now I have the mechanical one.

Voltage Regulator - Wagner W095-03
Wagner Alternator and Supplies, Inc.
DSC00551.jpg

Hmm beats me!? Mine is wired exactly like Primers pic up top.
Where does the White/Blue and the Red wire go???

the white and blue and red wire go into the cab, the red hooks into the 30 amp fuse box bit, the blue and white i am trying to figure out still hehe, i think the PO did some mods.

The other wires come from the generator...

ground, power i guess and something else ;) ( not sure what the gtreen and white wire does from the generator )

much dif form yours eh?

maybe I should pull off the white and blue stripped wire and see if everything runs correctly?

I hate electrical :)

I do have a drain somewhere, still trying to track it down :)

hmm ok, the wire that is blue and white coming off the voltage regulator goes to the amp meter...

it is currently hooked to the negative of the amp meter... shoudl be on the positive of the amp meter yeah?

my amp meter never really seemed to work as far as i can tell, always pegged right...

Do i have the wires backwards?

Last edited:
More SS VRs that you can compare and match to. They are listed by the type of alternator being used.

Voltage regulators

Destin,

thats odd to me- i thought the large gauge wire (blue/white) came right off the generator to the amp meter then out the other side of the amp meter to the starter solinoid where it ties in with the positive battery cable... maybe Pinhead will see this and clarify...

Destin,

thats odd to me- i thought the large gauge wire (blue/white) came right off the generator to the amp meter then out the other side of the amp meter to the starter solinoid where it ties in with the positive battery cable... maybe Pinhead will see this and clarify...

hmmm, not sure man, thats how it was hooked up when i bought it, but hell, that does not mean it was correct :D

so found out some good news

I went down to the ABE battery electrical shop to buy a fusible link, new power cable and ground cables for the rig, and I explained how i thought my generator and voltage regulator was not putting out the proper volts at idle.

Dude took a look at the generator and said that it was rebuilt with a 6 volt armature and brushes!
Thats why it was not getting 14v at idle doh!

I am gonna bring it in and they can swap it to 12 volt for 80 bucks

saweeett!

any info about the correct ampmeter wiring would be great, ie if it is not hooked up properly :D

it is a 1964 if that is helpful :)

also i have an extra color wiring diagram for our years if you want it- just pm your address and ill send it out to you-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom