Builds 1969 FJ40 named Mavis (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still waiting to pick up new engine, so started to figure out the bumper. Bolt holes on right side align perfectly while the left side are off by about 1/2".

I'm thinking I am going to reweld the holes in the bumper and redrill new holes.

Do the flanges look to be installed correctly?

IMG_20220704_141323923.jpg

IMG_20220704_141329723.jpg

IMG_20220704_141404372.jpg

IMG_20220704_141424693.jpg

The new engine is an '84 2F, and the plan is to remove the bellhousing/clutch and install the 1F ones, after I go through and replace all the gaskets/seals.

I usually get my parts that Toyota still carries from McGeorge, and I'm surprised to see that their system warns that PN 90311-99001 does NOT fit on an '84 2F.

WTF???

Man, it was great hanging with you yesterday! I can't wait to convoy somewhere in these rigs and climb over some stuff in them!
Let me know if you need any help!

What is this? Neither of my other Toyota engines has one of these. Can I just eliminate it?
Man, it was great hanging with you yesterday! I can't wait to convoy somewhere in these rigs and climb over some stuff in them!
Let me know if you need any help!

We need to hook up with @Lifelong40Fan to make that happen!

We are really not that far apart, geographically speaking.

My FJ55 tools along all day without one.

But the "easy button" is to just leave it on.
On my old Mercedes 240D, they came with an external oil cooler only if they had air conditioning. Most US models of cars have AC, including my FJ60, which also came with an external oil cooler. That may not be a coincidence?

You can use your f engine motor mounts. You just need to drill out the bolt holes.

So next up is to replace side valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, clutch bearing, pilot bearing, resurface flywheel and reassemble.

Will get some new motor mount bushings and bolts and install the engine.

Still needs battery box and new fan blade as well as a mechanical fuel pump.

At that point it would start and run with external fuel.

I still need to install new transmission tunnel cover captive nuts and about half of them are toast.

I also need new fuel lines and heater hoses.

Need to bleed the brakes.

It's hard to believe it's getting that close to running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom