Builds 1969 FJ40 Father / Son Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got all the body panels stripped down that I’m going to get sandblasted. It was good to do anyway so I could see how the doors come apart and will rebuild them after paint.
957DC9EA-F582-4794-AD1E-37C3EAE2526A.jpeg

The top had no factory holes in it could have been for off road lights or spot light or anything

Kind of strange how your dashboard looks mangled where it meets the A pillar. I had a major job pulling out the A pillar on @tlaporte troopie 20 years ago, and I don't think even his, T-boned on the left side, wrinkled the dashboard.🤔

Kind of strange how your dashboard looks mangled where it meets the A pillar. I had a major job pulling out the A pillar on @tlaporte troopie 20 years ago, and I don't think even his, T-boned on the left side, wrinkled the dashboard.🤔
You mean in the last picture Mark? Yeah I had noticed the line of the edge of the dash before and wondered what was up with that. The pillar itself seems straight but maybe I'm missing something.

You mean in the last picture Mark? Yeah I had noticed the line of the edge of the dash before and wondered what was up with that. The pillar itself seems straight but maybe I'm missing something.
Exactly that. Did the truck have the lower pads on it when you got it?

Exactly that. Did the truck have the lower pads on it when you got it?
The lower dash pad? Yes. In fact I think it was probably never removed since it looked like the original paint was underneath it; at least it looked like it.

It's a good thing you've got another Toy to wheel. This one's gonna be too pretty to use once your done.

Some new metal being welded into the fenders. My fenders were cut for some reason; maybe for large tires?
My plan was to pain inside and out and undercarriage with paint. But body shop is asking if I want to do something different for undercarriage like rhino liner or something similar. Anyone have opinions?

AC2C0113-29AF-41DA-84D2-F477CEBDFA4C.jpeg

It’s all about the prep.

I’m still alive… still waiting for body to be sprayed. There has been progress; they’ve got the rest of the panels (that they have) done and could be in the next week or so.
In the meantime trying to get some parts out of boxes and installed.
Got the manifold and carb on; wondering if I should start running brake lines before I get the tub on.
3C6BCF0B-4722-4FE1-A953-3146FCCF7C39.jpeg

I’m going to guess that those bumperettes are aftermarket? I didn’t even know there was an aftermarket, but they look SO boxy compared to stock.

Interesting idea on the linkage bushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom