craigslist 1966 FJ45LV in CO (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So. Much. Want.

Wasn't this was the one that sold at Barrett recently? It was up in Montana.

Found the post in the 45 section...

Apparently sold for $53,900?
If that is the barrett one, I think that includes the Barrett Jackson fees. You're right it does look similar, less shiny than it did at BJ and I didn't recognize it with the winch covered and seats covered up. But the engine bay looks the same so that probably is the one. Strange to be selling it already. It looked great in person (I saw it last Jan at the auction), no idea how it drives though.

BJ fee was 10% when i purchased my 79 F150. Cool looking rig, little rich for me with V8 swap, heck too much with original engine but looks cool.

Last edited:
Interesting that it has a lien on it. I swear the wife sent me pic of this from Barrett Jackson last year and it looked quite a bit nicer then the pics show.

It’s on the Craigslist ad under title, could be error

Interesting that it has a lien on it. I swear the wife sent me pic of this from Barrett Jackson last year and it looked quite a bit nicer then the pics show.
If it is indeed the same one then I agree looked a lot better at Barrett. Maybe just needs a detail. Why not remove those blankets on the seats before taking pictures?

Well this one was intriguing for sure. I called and visited with the gentleman. He did purchase it at Barrett Jackson in January. He is retired and is unfortunately battling cancer for a second time. He had some other cool vehicles including 63 VW van which was almost perfect. His pride and joy was his 53 Chevy truck sitting in his garage that he proudly showed to the wife and I.

The wife and I drove down and took a look at it since we have always wanted one and we had sold a 65 LV project a few years ago. It's a beautiful restoration that needs a good wash. I have seen some restorations but never owned one and this made it even more intriguing. The paint and interior looks great, no rust that i could find after crawling under it. Doors, glass and interior are perfect. He did voice his frustration that after he purchased it there was a wobble when he drove it and he had to replace the driveshaft. Since purchasing it he has tinted the windows and tuned up the engine. Overall it's a very well done restoration that has been well cared for.

He had ran it prior to our arrival but then we couldn't get it to turn over making me suspicious for a starter issue. The engine was warm when i was looking at it and after visiting with him for awhile i couldn't help but believe the guy when discussing his cruiser. Underside looked clean with no obvious leaks. Tie rods/ends look new with newer OME lift. Due to his health and treatments he has not driven it for the last month and is has just sat in his back yard. Transmission shifted easily with no issues. Tires appears new.

Prior to our driving down we had discussed pricing and he expressed a number much lower then his asking price, i further negotiated a price i felt was worth the drive so we took off. After seeing the gentleman it's very evident he is having a tough battle with his cancer. Frankly i had zero issues with the vehicle not starting since it was a minor issue and it can be fixed. The seller is going to fix it the best that he is able the next few days and I will trailer it home either Wednesday or the following weekend. Whatever we have to do mechanically is such a small thing in the big picture from what the seller is going through.

When i get it home i will post some more pics.

Last edited:
Well this one was intriguing for sure. I called and visited with the gentleman. He did purchase it at Barrett Jackson in January. He is retired and is unfortunately battling cancer for a second time. He had some other cool vehicles including 63 VW van which was almost perfect. His pride and joy was his 53 Chevy truck sitting in his garage that he proudly showed to the wife and I.

The wife and I drove down and took a look at it since we have always wanted one and we had sold a 65 LV project a few years ago. It's a beautiful restoration that needs a good wash. I have seen some restorations but never owned one and this made it even more intriguing. The paint and interior looks great, no rust that i could find after crawling under it. Doors, glass and interior are perfect. He did voice his frustration that after he purchased it there was a wobble when he drove it and he had to replace the driveshaft. Since purchasing it he has tinted the windows and tuned up the engine. Overall it's a very well done restoration that has been well cared for.

He had ran it prior to our arrival but then we couldn't get it to turn over making me suspicious for a starter issue. The engine was warm when i was looking at it and after visiting with him for awhile i couldn't help but believe the guy when discussing his cruiser. Underside looked clean with no obvious leaks. Tie rods/ends look new with newer OME lift. Due to his health and treatments he has not driven it for the last month and is has just sat in his back yard. Transmission shifted easily with no issues. Tires appears new.

Prior to our driving down we had discussed pricing and he expressed a number much lower then his asking price, i further negotiated a price i felt was worth the drive so we took off. After seeing the gentleman it's very evident he is having a tough battle with his cancer. Frankly i had zero issues with the vehicle not starting since it was a minor issue and it can be fixed. The seller is going to fix it the best that he is able the next few days and I will trailer it home either Wednesday or the following weekend. Whatever we have to do mechanically is such a small thing in the big picture from what the seller is going through.

When i get it home i will post some more pics.
Woah congrats! Glad it’s going to a mudder!

@greenbeast That is awesome! Hope any issues are minor and you and your wife enjoy the LV. Please keep us updated on it. Congratulations!

@greenbeast That is awesome! Hope any issues are minor and you and your wife enjoy the LV. Please keep us updated on it. Congratulations!
Thanks, definitely looking forward to driving it around some. It is by far the nicest cruiser we have ever owned. The color is so cool!!!

Well since I am little over 2 hours away I found a mobile mechanic to take a look at it yesterday since I want to trailer it home this weekend.
Sixty dollars later and a few knocks on the starter it started right up. The mechanic says it sounded great so we're off in a couple hours to bring it home. Probably going to replace starter and fix temp gauge then drive it as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom