For Sale 1965 Toyota Land Cruiser $19,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1965 Toyota Land Cruiser, F40 series. Red exterior w/white hardtop roof. Chevy 305 newer engine installed by the previous owner; approximately 8,000 miles on the engine. New wiring harness installed 3 years ago.

Four on the floor, rhino lining interior, 2 folding jump seats in back, mount for a spare, hitch, and gasoline can on the back.

Hardtop, full soft top, and bikini top for roof. Hard doors, half doors, and soft door options. Ambulance doors and tailgate option for back.

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

SANY0456.jpg

SANY0458.jpg

Good looking rig. It seems to be missing a wiper arm. Do you have more pictures of the inside? Is the diamond plate covering anything?

Only one wiper arm is working but we do have the other one. Diamond plate was installed by the previous owner to reinforce rusted areas we believe.

Looks good from 15 feet away. If you're actually serious about your price point, serious buyers here are going to want much more detail about modifications from stock and much closer pictures. Particularly the engine swap, wiring, interior icluding dash and all the well known rust prone areas. Including the covered up corners. GLWS.

For $19,000 I would expect a better rig and much more info. When you know up front the diamond plate is there to reinforce rust it's a major red flag to me. Rust is likely worse than the current owner realizes IMHO.

Thank you for the input! We'll try to have more pictures of the insides and engine soon.

Creative dash! Nice.

Do you have documentation of the engine install and any other restoration work that was performed?

I noticed a rock under the left rear tire, does the rig have a functioning parking brake?

Not trying to be snarky or negative, but I just don't see a $19,000 ride. Not even in the ballpark.
We based the price off Average NADA guides, the low miles, and the roof and door options.

Do you have documentation of the engine install and any other restoration work that was performed?

I noticed a rock under the left rear tire, does the rig have a functioning parking brake?
Yes the rig does have a functioning parking brake. We just like to be cautious.
We have record of the work we have done on the Cruiser, but not the engine install as the previous owner did it himself.

The NADA guidelines assume the vehicle is in original configuration. This one is not original in many areas. It also appears to be a south american import. Unfortunately, all these reduce the value, not increase it.

I would also agree.Your top #1 is not the correct top for this year.They came with a corrugated 3 panel slots on the side smaller back bifold window.So your ambulance door set up is also incorrect. Jump seats also are from78 up. No roll bars were installed in early fj40's .If you base price on original numbers it should have original parts. Best of luck selling the cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom