For Sale 1965 FJ45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am currently putting my baby up for sale. I own a 1965 FJ45 LWB. I am the third registered owner of the truck. This truck has quite a history to it. Only has 83,xxx miles on the body. It has a Chevy smallblock V8 283cu. and a automatic R700 transmission, all done by the well known father of the landcruiser, in the states, Earl Warden. I bought this truck out of Placerville from his grandson. I have service receipts for the work done by him and have contacted the second owner to talk about his history with the truck. The second owner lived in Placerville for many years before he decided to move out to Lake Tahoe. He owned the truck for about 15-17 years. When he moved he left the truck in storage in Placerville. During that time (for 15 years!) he kept it in storage and would return to Placerville to maintain the truck at the local shop (Earl Warden's shop). He dropped anywhere from $200-$2000 every time he visited the truck. The grandson I bought the vehicle from was smart, he kept his name off of the title so it remained, when I purchased it, only a third owner. The title is clear and the truck has been registered. No problems. The first owner was a mine owner, he would commute to work every day with this truck, up to his mine. He had a large camper in the bed of the truck. When the second owner bought it from him it sagged heavily. He had the leaf springs resprung and had the (Hangtown) conversion done. This conversion was very common for Earl Warden to do. I have been told by his grandson the original motor and tranny can be found and is still in Placerville. I have not looked into to this. The truck is impeccable, no rust and the body is very straight. Original paint, and no changes to the body, except for a Saginaw power steering upgrade in the front of the frame (also done by Earl). This truck was my daily driver for about 4 months. I have another project I have been trying to finish for four years now (FJ40 1966), hence my reason for selling. I am asking for $22,000. This truck is fully tuned and properly maintained. Check out my profile for additional information or shoot me a call at 775-813-8814. My name is Tate and I would love to talk to you about this truck. I am fairly stuck on this price because I don't want to sell it. I work from 9-5:30pm from Sunday-Thursday at Summit Racing.

This truck has changed hands a couple times in the last 6 months? Guess no one registered it in there names. Definately need alot of pictures here if you want serious buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom