Builds 1964 FJ45LV Restoration underway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would just copy and paste the link to this thread, and then start with a short summary and maybe paste some of the photos in. Some of us can help pasting the photos if you like once the thread is started. Title it something like “gauging interest in factory reproduction FJ45LV floor mats”
Sorry I went dark, had wild week. Will get this done in the next few days.

Today’s progress. Getting closer. Glass should get in this week. Doors and gates are fitting. Front door top frame doesn’t seal in the top corner, so working on that. Genders and hood should get done in the next week or so as well. Bumper with winch bracket is getting worked on. Rear bumper being made as well.

7D394035-ABDB-471E-A2F5-A0C28CB54055.jpeg

5F53C949-5A7E-4703-8D27-82B6EDD425E9.jpeg

1F4EE255-D8D8-4CC3-9E99-F64C0555581E.jpeg

Lookin good. I love the color and the taillight lenses.

im guessing the lenses are from Toyota heritage?

Last edited:
Lookin good. I love the color and the taillight lenses.

im guessing the lenses are from Toyota heritage?
thank you!
I believe so, if that is the company out of australia, then yes. They look good. I have 2 sets of the originals, but keeping in case I want ever make exact reproductions. Silly, i know. It's one of those "some day" that will probably never happen. :)

What was the idea behind the hinges being black? Looking good.
thanks for asking. I know it's a different approach. There were a couple thoughts. The main driver was I wanted the vehicle to be sophisticated and tough. And when i designed it, i was still going with the oem bumper and traditional front elements. My concern was the only "tough" element I had was the tires. When i switch the tires out to a more road friendly version, I lose some of the attitude. So I painted the hinges black, added a custom bumper with a winch to get a little more toughness. In addition, I wanted to break up the grey a little. Also, I have a soft spot for the old forged metal, it reminds me of the tractors on the farm, so i wanted to spotlight them. And finally, i figured let's try it, no one else has done it(to my knowledge) , and worse case I have to jerk the doors off this winter and repaint the hinges body color.

love it, where did you get the rubber sea for the side and rear glass? thanks

Ditto. Rubber seal is what was meant. Rear side windows and rear hatch.
We used CR Lawrence, 50 feet of: Part # AS-1216 Item # 75001208
In rear windows and hatch, the lock strip went on the inside, for the windshield we are going to put lock strip on outside so it looks closest to original.
For installation, we used a heat gun for the corners to eliminate the tenting and get a good fit.
Hope this helps.

righto, thanks. So you just used universal seal on the side windows too; just reversed. Looks neat.

Do you have a close up pic of that rubber in the cargo area? I go to CRL all the time for work and will be needing this rubber soon. Thanks.

This weekends progress. Any recommendations on how to run the winch cables? Trying to use the hole in the frame to keep it tidy. But the turn is a little to sharp.

2B16A1EE-2A9F-4DED-9222-A60CF204533F.jpeg

284120C4-7CDF-4F7C-BC90-105969D673A7.jpeg

This weekends progress. Any recommendations on how to run the winch cables? Trying to use the hole in the frame to keep it tidy. But the turn is a little to sharp.

View attachment 2319274

1. Flip the bezel so it's on right ;)
2. If the bend is too tight to go through the frame you can run it behind the winch and then strap it to the inside of the bib and up and out to the battery.

Glass is in. Bumpers fitted. Winch cables routed. Roof rack and bumpers go off to blast on Friday. Need to cut and fit wooden floor boards to the roof rack when it returns. But With a little luck I’ll be driving the old girl by Father’s Day. Famous last words.

3CBABCAD-2FB2-4592-B171-8707C611D0A8.jpeg

8EFD1700-6986-4416-8A12-840A30905592.jpeg

Great thread enjoying it very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom