1962 FJ45 SWB 'Toyoda' Build No. 12062 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time reader, first time joiner. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this amazing community.

Here is my 1962 FJ45 SWB ute, build no. 12062 that came from Central Queensland.

The current owners of the property were told about the ute when the property was purchased. It was located in a washout/ creek, the very first thing they did was they brought it back to the Homestead! Not many people do that today.

I'll be doing a full nut and bolt restoration using my complete 1964 FJ45 SWB ute build no. 15837 (body + chassis rusty/ tired) as a donor.

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6417.JPG

IMG_6418.JPG

IMG_6421.JPG

IMG_6422.JPG

Welcome 'BBQ'! Great to see you make an appearance on here.
Really looking forward to seeing your Restoration. All the best.
Out of interest; what got you in to old Landcruisers?

Put some new tires on the '62 and she's good to go.

Curious were the split rims stock or replaced later? This the second early cruiser from this part of the world I've seen pictures of lately that had split rims. Thought those were later. But they were standard later and easy to local over there.

Welcome to MUD :flipoff2: Nathaniel

Welcome 'BBQ'! Great to see you make an appearance on here.
Really looking forward to seeing your Restoration. All the best.
Out of interest; what got you in to old Landcruisers?

Thanks for the kind words Andy. I used to have Holden's when I was younger and had some really nice examples to. However, I felt that it lacked what really suited me. 7 years ago Mum saw an old HJ45 parked on the side of the road and that was my fate sealed right there. Although she had a lot of problems, she just kept soldiering on!

Curious were the split rims stock or replaced later? This the second early cruiser from this part of the world I've seen pictures of lately that had split rims. Thought those were later. But they were standard later and easy to local over there.

Split rims are not stock. They should have non splits either 15 inch early or 16' later. Most were ditched in favour of split rims or sunraysias due to the availability of tyres back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom