Builds 17 200 series super charger/ build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just picked up my first 200 series! This will be my wife’s daily/ occasionally tow a trailer a few times a year. Specs when I bought it are 2017, 35k miles, bp51 suspension, and 275/7018 cooper tires!

So far I went through and changed all the fluids to Amsoil, front/ rear differentials, transfer case, transmission, and engine!

The plan: hopefully stuff 295/70/18s under it, still debating on tire brand, needs to be something good in the snow, I live in the mountains of Colorado! And of course I just ordered a harrop supercharger, and looking into a possible exhaust upgrade!

33532F66-0338-480D-A7D1-F6FE6F5F5968.jpeg

F3148264-E39E-4C69-9319-93F612792157.jpeg

17CC2D44-A536-4B21-B3CB-2732191A6BD3.jpeg

Who'd you order the SC through? I had repeatedly inquired on details for the kit through Cruiser Bros and no one ever followed up.

There is a thread on here chronicling the fact that there is no way to tune for the Harrop. You might want to read through it.

Last edited:
Who'd you order the SC through? I had repeatedly inquired on details for the kit through Cruiser Bros and no one ever followed up.
I actually just became a dealer for harrop, so I am happy to get you one if you want!

There is a thread one here chronicling the fact that there is no way to tune for the Harrop. You might want to read through it.
I would love to read through the post if you want to throw out a link! Don’t see why it wouldn’t be able to be tuned, we do a lot of stuff with hp tuners at my shop, and harrop sends you a base tune with the kit that can be downloaded with an hp tuner that makes it instantly drive able, from there for optimal performance, you can download drive data and send out clips to have your tune dialed in, or take it to a shop that has an all wheel dyno and have it fine tuned with hp tuner! Anybody that deals with dynos and tuning uses an hp tuner!

The S/C seems like it’d be a blast, but you might consider trying out the pedal commander first. It’s a fraction of the price and on the 16+ apparently seems to make the truck feel way more responsive. Other than that if you’re happy with performance but looking for more grunt when towing you might look for taller gears instead of the s/c as they’ll also be a fraction of the price

not to dissuade you of course

The S/C seems like it’d be a blast, but you might consider trying out the pedal commander first. It’s a fraction of the price and on the 16+ apparently seems to make the truck feel way more responsive. Other than that if you’re happy with performance but looking for more grunt when towing you might look for taller gears instead of the s/c as they’ll also be a fraction of the price

not to dissuade you of course
Pedal commanders are a very cool affordable way to make it feel like you have more power, makes throttle response much better, and I’ll probably end up throwing one of those on as well, but supercharger adds approx 160hp and 90 ft lbs of torque to the wheels!!! Not much out there that’s going to give u that!

Stay away from pedal commander or sprint booster. Tried it. All it does it remaps amount of gas pedal travel needed to reach 100%. Doesn't do anything else. If you have seat positioned correctly and you are utilizing the full pedal, you will not achieve a difference and actually you will loose the control as less pedal travel control you have (ex. pressing between 50-100% is already at 100%) If you are only using part of the pedal travel, you will notice the difference as less pedal travel is needed to achieve 100%. As well Sprint Booster in their advertisement video shows that throttle responds quicker. Bought two (4runner and LC) and no difference in throttle response.

So I just picked up my first 200 series! This will be my wife’s daily/ occasionally tow a trailer a few times a year. Specs when I bought it are 2017, 35k miles, bp51 suspension, and 275/7018 cooper tires!

So far I went through and changed all the fluids to Amsoil, front/ rear differentials, transfer case, transmission, and engine!

The plan: hopefully stuff 295/70/18s under it, still debating on tire brand, needs to be something good in the snow, I live in the mountains of Colorado! And of course I just ordered a harrop supercharger, and looking into a possible exhaust upgrade!

View attachment 2105372

View attachment 2105373

View attachment 2105374
Do the SC!!! As for the exhaust I was told by Keith at BAMuffler that an exhaust does nothing for additional performance after you add the SC. That said, it does make it sound mean AF!

He runs a SC Tundra, couldn't see why the LC couldn't be tuned.

Harrop claims this unit does not "need" tuning on a 2018 200. I haven't heard their response to other year models specifically. Link: NEED A BOOST? Harrop/Eaton Supercharger

Personally I'll call BULL**** on any vendor that claims you can safely add that much power and torque without adjusting fuel/timing at all. It is totally against what any responsible tuner would claim.

That said, from my LS swap days I wasn't aware HPTuners was offering compatibility with the 3URFE in the 200 platform, but their site says they are. This is awesome news.

You'll see lots of other damning posts regarding harrop and this kit in that thread.. I'll let you read it. Maybe things are better now. Me? I couldn't run fast enough from this product based on what I've read.

Harrop claims this unit does not "need" tuning on a 2018 200. I haven't heard their response to other year models specifically. Link: NEED A BOOST? Harrop/Eaton Supercharger

Personally I'll call BULLs*** on any vendor that claims you can safely add that much power and torque without adjusting fuel/timing at all. It is totally against what any responsible tuner would claim.

That said, from my LS swap days I wasn't aware HPTuners was offering compatibility with the 3URFE in the 200 platform, but their site says they are. This is awesome news.

You'll see lots of other damning posts regarding harrop and this kit in that thread.. I'll let you read it. Maybe things are better now. Me? I couldn't run fast enough from this product based on what I've read.
Why you gotta ruin the party? 😜 Kidding of course, all good points. There were a couple guys here with early to mid gen 200s that had SCs, I remember a white one but don't recall who it was. Really curious after a few years how the truck and system is holding up, any regrets, etc...

I mean... I've seen that SC'ed 200 hold its own against that M5 on the track and I'm sure it would be super fun to have one.

Personally I'll call BULLs*** on any vendor that claims you can safely add that much power and torque without adjusting fuel/timing at all. It is totally against what any responsible tuner would claim.

I’ve spent a bit of time on the phone with harrop, and they 100% say you need to tune after supercharger instal, so not sure where you are getting your info, but yes it does need to be tuned and harrop provides you with a base tune!

I’ve spent a bit of time on the phone with harrop, and they 100% say you need to tune after supercharger instal, so not sure where you are getting your info, but yes it does need to be tuned and harrop provides you with a base tune!

Maybe they’ve changed some things. Frankly I hope so. Either way I advise reading the thread. IIRC harrop speaks up and there is a bit of he said she said.

Well I test fitted a 285/75/18 (34.8x11.2) in the spare location, unfortunately would not fit unless it was flat.... wife was not going to go for that.... next I tried a 295/70/18 (34.3x11.6) and it cleared the trac bar by a 1/4 inch!!! So being that the factory spare location has to be utilized on this build, I ordered another 4 295/70/18 toyo at2s! Another issue is the offset of the Trd pro wheels being 60mm, the 275/70/18s (33.2x10.8) currently rub just a bit on the passenger side sway bar, because my wife loves those wheels, couldn’t talk her into Scs wheels that have a 25mm offset, I ordered some 1.5 inch wheel spacers that will basically bring my offset to 22mm, hopefully all will fit with no rubbing after some minor trimming!

Nice looking 200, 80 series and shop! Good luck with your build. Looking forward to it.

Looking forward to seeing it with the 295/70R18s. It's not a common choice around here.

Regarding the supercharger, Sparks Toyota in Myrtle Beach has placed superchargers on 16+ LCs before. A guy from Sparks used to post on this forum. Here is what he PM'ed me, "Hi, you have the 8 speed transmission which is still not a problem to be supercharged but before we do it I need you to be aware of how it will react. The issue is the fuel will start to cut off before the shift point so there is a lag between shifts if you keep the pedal floored. We aren't able to raise the rev limiter yet so unfortunately this is something that would have to be dealt with. Once you realize what its doing and drive it you'll get around it no problem and be able to drive it without the shift lag. Other than that you'll have a 550hp LC200 that pretty much no one can touch."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom