For Sale 145 liter long range fuel tanks for LC 76/77 and possibly 75/78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE, I purchased this to put into my 91 77 series, and it does not fit not even close, the 77 series come with a compartment that hangs down to store tools and whatever, this tank is clearly made for ones without the cubby. Newer 70 series wagons, I believe 2000s stopped having the cubby, and that is what this tank is made for. Sucks for me. Beware these tanks are made for the newer style wagons. For what its worth they are indeed made well and I wish it would have worked for me. Since I have it now, and highly doubt can re-sell it I might try to modify it to make it work, but it will take some serious fab work. Stay tuned

UPDATE, I purchased this to put into my 91 77 series, and it does not fit not even close, the 77 series come with a compartment that hangs down to store tools and whatever, this tank is clearly made for ones without the cubby. Newer 70 series wagons, I believe 2000s stopped having the cubby, and that is what this tank is made for. Sucks for me. Beware these tanks are made for the newer style wagons. For what its worth they are indeed made well and I wish it would have worked for me. Since I have it now, and highly doubt can re-sell it I might try to modify it to make it work, but it will take some serious fab work. Stay tuned

Hey Nick I am very sorry to hear this , I will try to fit one under a troopy here in a few weeks and will post up about it here. So in order to fit it in a older style 77 you would have to remove that small storage compartment in the rear floorboard correct ? I wonder if only the jdm 77 model has this ?

Thats correct, it also looks the way it mounts may need to be modified as well. I am going to cut the cubby out in a few weeks and make it work.

Also the bolt pattern on the sending unit does not match, at least on mine, so that would need to be re-drilled

Tackled the tank install today on my HZJ77, worked out pretty well. Cut out the storage cubby and it fit up there nicely. The two front mounts worked perfectly, fabbed up outriggers for the rear to bolt up. Actually have about 3.5" of space for the cubby still, made things more difficult for myself by cutting it out completely should have just cut the bottom part and made a new floor, now I have to-rebuild the whole thing completely.

The bolt pattern on the sender does not much, should be easy enough to re-drill the sender flange, tackle that next, but all the other connections line up well.

The tank tucks up nicely, the bottom about level with the bottom of the rear shackles.

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2982.JPG

IMG_2983.JPG

I have 2 more left of these and a possibility to get a few more in Europe at this moment.

I just installed one on a HZJ75 troopy and it fits perfect, I had to remove the spare tire carrier bracket and it fits right in. I will post some pics of that later this week.

This is a 145 liter that can be used for either fuel or water so if you have a troopy and want to carry water for those long trips then this is it.

Just installed one of these from Joe on an HZJ77. Took some minor tweaks, but was pretty easy and a nice upgrade for any fuel-thirsty Cruiser!

Some more pics of what these tanks look like under a Troopy , I have 2 more in stock here but my supplier in Europe has 4 more I can bring over.

DE3E37D7-F160-45A5-AB9A-E8332001DC7F.jpeg
EA3E9E62-BCD9-4916-AC86-AF2CC975DCF0.jpeg
4973A045-3DB0-4191-B88D-6B9B43689081.jpeg

I decided to weld in a second oem filler neck in the body but I have seen a few troopies in Europe with these tanks and those guys just used a round aftermarket gas cap as seen on rv’s and boats.

Hey Joe, I'll take one of these. If you don't mind hanging on to it for me until after the holidays then I can pick it up.

Shane

Hey Joe, I'll take one of these. If you don't mind hanging on to it for me until after the holidays then I can pick it up.

Shane

Hi Shane , no problem man . Give me a shout after the holidays.

Thanks

One more of these at the shop and maybe 2 more in the summer time but these are the last available to me.

I'll take one.

PM sent.

JW

Bump and update

One more in inventory here in the shop and 4 more on the way , these are the last ones available to me so gone is gone!

I want one please. Robert 817-507-6783

Fresh batch has arrived and only 2 left of these , get them while you can

I hope you sell out before my next parts run or I might be temped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom