100 Series Trailer Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious to see what other 100 series owners have done with the lug pattern on their off road trailers. As we all know the 100 series utilize the 5x150 bolt pattern which can cause some issue in finding a matching hub pattern to run a similar or matching wheel to the tow rig.

Outside of using a 2-piece wheel adapter (which i am not personally very fond of) or ditching the trailer brakes, i am not sure what direction to go. Let me know what you ended up doing and how you are liking the set up.

I got some wheel adapters here for cheap, so that is what I am running. Another option is run whatever wheel bolt pattern is on your trailer axles, and buy a single adapter, so if your trailer gets a flat, you can use you spare from the truck on the trailer. It will work in a pinch.

I am in the same boat. Just bought a 06 10 series and want to swap the 80 series wheels on my trailer to 100 series. Primary reason is to share a single spare tire. I researched and didn't come up,with anything. For those that bought adapters do you mind sharing where you found them. Thx

I am considering this approach. Get a trailer axle that fits the jeep guys, 5 on 5.5 (I think) so when you want to build version "2" you have a large resale market for version "1"....then go the adapter route to get to 5x150. I have just begun this so I don't have all my sources identified yet. Sourcing problems might impact the plan but it sounds like a good plan to me. I have run quality spacers to widen the 100 track, so spacers on a trailer don't bother me strength wise. There is so much less load on a trailer, I can't foresee an issue.

As we all know the 100 series utilize the 5x150 bolt pattern which can cause some issue in finding a matching hub pattern to run a similar or matching wheel to the tow rig.

Outside of using a 2-piece wheel adapter (which i am not personally very fond of) or ditching the trailer brakes, i am not sure what direction to go. Let me know what you ended up doing and how you are liking the set up.
Well, it is not just about bolt pattern but also wheel offset. Most trailers seem to use zero offset wheels. 100 series wheels are 60mm offset. So, you will likely need a spacer anyway. If you don't want a 2-piece wheel adapter, convert your hub from 6 lug to 5 lugs... then you can use a one piece wheel adapter.

I think @hidesertwheelin has the best idea.

Don't know if it helps but most trailer manufactures in Australia make 100 series hubs braked and unbraked whether they are the same as what you guys use I don't know.

I got some wheel adapters here for cheap, so that is what I am running. Another option is run whatever wheel bolt pattern is on your trailer axles, and buy a single adapter, so if your trailer gets a flat, you can use you spare from the truck on the trailer. It will work in a pinch.

That is the plan and the biggest reason i want to run the 5x150, it gives me the option not to carry a spare, and sacrifice the trailer if i get multiple flats or wheel/tire issues.

I am considering this approach. Get a trailer axle that fits the jeep guys, 5 on 5.5 (I think) so when you want to build version "2" you have a large resale market for version "1"....then go the adapter route to get to 5x150. I have just begun this so I don't have all my sources identified yet. Sourcing problems might impact the plan but it sounds like a good plan to me. I have run quality spacers to widen the 100 track, so spacers on a trailer don't bother me strength wise. There is so much less load on a trailer, I can't foresee an issue.

The trailer i purchased has the 5x5.5 trailer axel on it (Jeep JK right, i still need to verify to be 100%). I have looked at the adapters for this and what I found, if you know of other locations i am all ears!

5 x 5.50 to 5 x 150 wheel adapters,wheel spacers, wheel adaptors

Well, it is not just about bolt pattern but also wheel offset. Most trailers seem to use zero offset wheels. 100 series wheels are 60mm offset. So, you will likely need a spacer anyway. If you don't want a 2-piece wheel adapter, convert your hub from 6 lug to 5 lugs... then you can use a one piece wheel adapter.

I think @hidesertwheelin has the best idea.

Oh man....great point! I need to do some meaurements on the trailer to verify that point. I can say that the wheels that are on the trailer now have a decent amount of backspacing, but never the less i need to verify!

Don't know if it helps but most trailer manufactures in Australia make 100 series hubs braked and unbraked whether they are the same as what you guys use I don't know.

You wouldn't by chance know of any manufacturers you can put me in touch with would you?

One of the things I'll be tackling soon. I'm planning on replacing the axle with something that fits my LC wheels vs going with adapters. I already have 4 extra wheels with KO2's mounted. 2 will go on the trailer and the other two will be used as spares.

I'm thinking about going with Dexter axle's based on what I've read, but I haven't really done much research at this point.

What part of DFW are you in? I'm north of Frisco.

One of the things I'll be tackling soon. I'm planning on replacing the axle with something that fits my LC wheels vs going with adapters. I already have 4 extra wheels with KO2's mounted. 2 will go on the trailer and the other two will be used as spares.

I'm thinking about going with Dexter axle's based on what I've read, but I haven't really done much research at this point.

What part of DFW are you in? I'm north of Frisco.

That was my plan as well (replacing the axle), but i have yet to find any hubs that have trailer brakes. From my research Dexter does not offer a 5x150 hub, let me know if you find out differently. But yes they are a preferred manufacturer for sure.

I live in Plano. By chance are you hitting up the Texas Overland Spring Round up the weekend of April 7th?

I bought adapters for my adventure trailer through adventure trailer. They outsourced the job to some people in NV. I'm not at home but can get that info later.
Note: I purchased 2 adapters before. My back spacing was off. So I have 2 pairs of adapters, only mounted but not used. One is 1" (purchased here from another member) thick I think the other 1.5" (from an online retailer).

If you're interested in any let me know I have an old ad here in the site

IMG_7419.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

IMG_7421.JPG

I used a set of 2-piece adapters on my CVT off road trailer with Timbren hubs. The trailer came with 6x5.5 and now I have 7 identical wheels with identical K02's on them.

Its also with mentioning that without the ~2-inches of added negative offset from the adapters, the LX/LC/Tundra wheels (-60 offset) would not fit. They would interfere with the inside trailer body.

You may not want to use 2-piece adapters, but to make a single wheel offset match around all 7 spots, you may have to.

Hey SoCal, so I have a Dexter axle with 5x4.5 bolt pattern under my trailer, you are saying those adapters would fit and I could run 5x150 wheels to match my 100 series? If so I would be SUPER interested in those. I know I wasn't first in line but please let me know if those are available?

That is the plan and the biggest reason i want to run the 5x150, it gives me the option not to carry a spare, and sacrifice the trailer if i get multiple flats or wheel/tire issues.

The trailer i purchased has the 5x5.5 trailer axel on it (Jeep JK right, i still need to verify to be 100%). I have looked at the adapters for this and what I found, if you know of other locations i am all ears!

5 x 5.50 to 5 x 150 wheel adapters,wheel spacers, wheel adaptors

Oh man....great point! I need to do some meaurements on the trailer to verify that point. I can say that the wheels that are on the trailer now have a decent amount of backspacing, but never the less i need to verify!

You wouldn't by chance know of any manufacturers you can put me in touch with would you?
2T DEXTER RUNNING GEAR.
If you supply more detail of axle,bearing size i can find the right stuff.
I read you guys talking Dexter. Is it a brand name if so we have it here and assume it is the same.
PS give details in metric.the site supplied is one example.NEW ALKO 442312 5 STUD TOYOTA LANDCRUISER TRAILER BRAKE DRUMS | Trailer Power
Another example quality company not cheap ebay

Checking in to see if anyone has solved this problem. I am still looking and currently towing without a spare for the trailer.....

Checking in to see if anyone has solved this problem. I am still looking and currently towing without a spare for the trailer.....
I'm in the same boat as you. None of the Australian companies I contacted wanted to ship two hubs to the US. You'd think there would be enough of demand from 100/200/tundra guys to at least have someone one carry them here.

Its also with mentioning that without the ~2-inches of added negative offset from the adapters, the LX/LC/Tundra wheels (-60 offset) would not fit. They would interfere with the inside trailer body.

You may not want to use 2-piece adapters, but to make a single wheel offset match around all 7 spots, you may have to.
Which adapters did you use? Link?

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom