100 series sleeping setup? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another vote for the maximum storage space that comes from no drawers (maybe that should be the SS1 tag line "no drawers" LOL):

View attachment 2378243
haha i like the tag line! Perhaps we change that to 'drawers optional' though.
ADGU Drawers.jpg

Is that extendo slide special edition or can I get my hands on that as well?

Extendo slide coming soon! That will absolutely be retro-fittable to the existing ADGU drawers! We are finalizing a few features, pricing, etc., but we'll be posting in the SS1 thread and on instagram/facebook, etc when that's ready.

It's really a nice little feature, especially with food prep.

0542.JPG

Extendo slide coming soon! That will absolutely be retro-fittable to the existing ADGU drawers! We are finalizing a few features, pricing, etc., but we'll be posting in the SS1 thread and on instagram/facebook, etc when that's ready.

It's really a nice little feature, especially with food prep.

View attachment 2387723
Yeah man , and rollin' doobies .... Count me in

Here's mine. My goals were to make it light, sturdy and maximize the volume by using a hinge mechanism. However, there are no hinges

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_20200914_103606.jpg

Has anyone found a slim sleeping pad to put on this?.. Most of the sleeping pads I have come across seem to be very thick

Here’s mine. A bit of a copy from the ADGU with the legs. Sleeps well with the Duo mattress. Haven’t figured out drawers yet, but the plastic storage drawers worked well enough.

2C859330-9C57-42A5-858D-1E045C3CF73C.jpeg

E0B97ACB-5185-4AEA-8362-D6F45A3B0282.jpeg

7AF1293F-9BC6-42D5-9D49-A85C301D0977.jpeg

5FC95604-BFB8-4F97-AD09-B1C42C1CFA46.jpeg

View attachment 2435584

63EDD7E4-0ED6-4912-9B1B-31E251BA99A7.jpeg

Last edited:
CasaDeChaos Is that a medium size Duo mattress?

@J0seph What size is your memory foam?

It's a MEGAMAT DUO 10 LW+
Yep...I use the same thing and it is incredibly comfy to sleep on. Rarely is sleeping pad comfort so good you have time start thinking about leveling the truck that last 1 or 2 degrees to really feel like you're in a bed, but with this thing I actually do just that.

Also, fits perfectly with the front seats a little forward.

I third the MEGAMAT DUO 10 LW+. Expensive but worth it, we have had ours for years, fits is our REI quarter dome 3 ground tent as well. Add a down comforter and it is just like sleeping on a real mattress at home.

IMG_0211.jpg

Paging @craaaazzy regarding this beautiful setup:

View attachment 2035984View attachment 2035985View attachment 2035986

I'd like to build something similar and have a few questions:
10.5" is to the top of the frame, yes?
What thickness wood and type of carpet did you put on top? I'm assuming they are spray adhesive'd together?
Does the wood bolt through the steel frame or ?
I've considered using smaller tube size and more cross rails to maximize space underneath, and welding in D rings as tie downs. Anything you'd do differently after living with it for a while?
I've considered using take apart / flag hinges mounted vertically, either screwed into the wood or welded to the frame for additional support and to make the sleeping portion able to be slid out. Overkill?
1600152635660.png

Basically, just looking for any lessons learned after having it in the truck for a while. Thanks in advance.

What thickness wood and type of carpet did you put on top? I'm assuming they are spray adhesive'd together?
I've considered using smaller tube size and more cross rails to maximize space underneath, and welding in D rings as tie downs. Anything you'd do differently after living with it for a while?
I've considered using take apart / flag hinges mounted vertically, either screwed into the wood or welded to the frame for additional support and to make the sleeping portion able to be slid out. Overkill?
View attachment 2436255

Basically, just looking for any lessons learned after having it in the truck for a while. Thanks in advance.

no, 10.5" was to the bottom of the frame I believe (height of the legs). I would actually make it 12" (estimating) to make the platform slightly higher in order to make a longer forward folding panel so it sits fully on top of the rear seats. if doing this, you would need to reduce the length of the platform so it would still allow rear seats to til back.

as for the wood panel, I'm almost positive it was 3/4" material but if you use smaller tube sizing with additional bracing, I think 1/2" would be fine as well. I secured the panel by bolting to it from the frame side (appropriately sized bolts run through drilled holes on the frame). carpet I found at Costco...it was some indoor/outdoor carpet and yes, I did use spray adhesive on the tops of the panel as well as staple the underside at the folder edges.

I don't think I would use those hinges myself as I wouldn't want any additional hardware protruding out when only using one side of the platform...I can see myself forgetting about it and hitting them with a body part somehow.

have fun building your platform and show us the end result!

Reactions: MJK

View attachment 2436255

The elevation of my platform is 10.25"
.75 baltic birch so I can get away using less support to maximize space underneath.
Thickest carpet from Home Depot. Glue: 1 loctite tub (construction adhesive) staple gun.
Nothing bolts down to the car's frame. One support member is zip-tie'd to the baby seat hooks. The two boards pull out
I wouldnt call overkill you hinges idea, though, sounds dangeroud having something portruding out when not in use. You could devise a different mechanism that secures your structure in place, axial forces aren't a problem, but moment forces are, front/back and side to side.

my 0.02 good luck on the build!

Reactions: MJK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom