100 series oil pressure gauge not working (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My oil pressure gauge in my 2003 Land Cruiser has began to read no oil pressure or very little at all, but I have checked multiple times and my car is full of oil. How do I fix this?

Start with replacing the oil pressure sending unit.

20200512_170253.jpg

20200512_195533.jpg

Matches the part number I posted so yes.👍

@JunkCrzr89 Thanks for the reminder. Mine always lives at 25%, bottom of “normal driving” range, whether driving or idling. Hasn’t moved in 60k miles. I’ve read a bit on here, and seems typical.

Same here. To the point where i get a little paranoid sometimes. I floor it every once in awhile to see it jump, and it does, so figure it's fine.

mine used to work and it will stay low as most; however, one day it quit moving at all. I replaced the sensor, but nothing changed. Since the car works, I left it like that. I was thinking maybe the sensor wasnt ground properly or maybe my instrument cluster was the problem...

QQ: Want to replace this myself. Can this be replaced without dropping oil? Will coordinate with a change if not.

I looked under my 1998 Toyota Landcruiser and the oil sending unit was there but didn't have the wire connected to it. It looks missing? This is odd because I can't find the wire to connect to the sending unit. Can anyone post picture where the wire comes from?

I fixed my Low Oil Pressure by replacing the Receiver (the Gauge in Cluster, Part Number 83885-6A840)

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2259.png

I fixed my Low Oil Pressure by replacing the Receiver (the Gauge in Cluster, Part Number 83885-6A840)

View attachment 3453186

View attachment 3453187
My receiver is defective as well. SUV powered off and it was on the low position. Powered on and it's stuck near the high position. I use a GlowShift oil filter adapter and connect an oil pressure unit as well as an oil temperature unit. I bought a Glowshift dual gauge with a digital led number only so now I know how much psi and fahrenheight the oil is. With the 100 series, the manual says when its idle it should be above 4.3 but I get around 17. When its moving, it should be above 43-85. Google Glowshift if you plan on using an external gauge. I plan on doing another to monitor the coolant temperature as well as the transmission temperature using the 2 in 1 temperature gauge. Hope that makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom