100 Series Fuel pump relay location (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've no experience/manuals with/for the 105. That said here is the pump control on a 2001 LX470 (100 series), it may be in same location on a 105. The relay is in the main engine room fuse box.
DS rear 1/4 near bottle jack.
01LX (2).JPG

Last edited:
Ok cool thanks for the reply, will check it out

Dont worry i found it thank you very much

Last edited:
a Newbie here...grateful for all the info here - has given me the (false?) confidence to work on my 2000 LC with 300k miles after getting the run-around from a Toyota Dealer. I am trying to diagnose a No Start Issue (turns over)...where is the Fuel Pump Relay located? I have searched this forum and Google images and can not seem to find it. I found the Fuel Pump Control unit pictured above but did not find a relay around or in the unit.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated as I hope to have narrowed down the issue a bit and hoping this is the problem. (If not the problem, I will jump to one of the "no start" threads for further help)

Need help please! Where is the Fuel Pump Relay on the 100 Series (2000 LC)? Please at least narrow my search with suggestions...I have been through engine compartment, under dash L and R sides, fuel pump area, and back quarter panel.

See post#2

Relay is the EFI relay in this pic. (Not the yellow highlighted one. I stole the pic.)
And the fuse is 20 amp to the left of that.

JBcowl1-1024x764.png

I went through this whole diagnostic just yesterday. On a 100 though, not a 105.
If you pull the fuel line off the fuel filter (release the green plastic deal) and get no fuel when cranking the engine, make sure you check the fuel pump intertia switch before going through the hassle of pulling the seats out to get at the fuel pump.

Relay is the EFI relay in this pic. (Not the yellow highlighted one. I stole the pic.)
And the fuse is 20 amp to the left of that.

View attachment 1728300

Thanks for your help @humpndunk ... Is the EFI Relay the same thing as the "Fuel Pump Relay"? More importantly, is this relay the source of power for the Fuel Pump. I have a 30A Relay from the parts store and looks much different than the EFI (about to go pull the EFI again to compare the connection pin set-up).

When I tested the connector at the Fuel Pump I am only receiving 8-9 Volts of power and believe this is the reason my Fuel Pump is not working (even bought a new pump to test with).

I did take the EFI Relay to the parts store and they tested...found it to work (but didn't necessarily test to specifications). My Fuse Box is clean and seems to be in great condition (not a lot of off street use). I am reluctant to start a new thread but I have been through all the others (regarding No-starts, Immobilizers, and Fuel Pumps) and for now I just need to get my Fuel Pump working - even with a supplemental power source.

Any input/feedback is much appreciated as I have spent many hours and days working on this and reading through this forum. The side benefit, is that because of this forum/community, I have re-fallen in love with my Cruiser. I now know my vehicle inside and out...an realize that the only way I will get to my 500K mile goal (has 305K now) is to better understand how everything works along with the support of the Cruiser community.

I went through this whole diagnostic just yesterday. On a 100 though, not a 105.
If you pull the fuel line off the fuel filter (release the green plastic deal) and get no fuel when cranking the engine, make sure you check the fuel pump intertia switch before going through the hassle of pulling the seats out to get at the fuel pump.

BTWs...mine is a 100 also - yr 2000 (the original poster had a 105). Where is the "fuel pump inertia switch"...this may be what I am looking for?

I sent you a PM with access to literature.

Sorry the picture above is the Fuel Pump Controller- and it is located in the rear DS pillar under the cover just near where the bottle jack lives.

Here is the FP Relay location.

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 5.05.51 PM.png

I sent you a PM with access to literature.

Sorry the picture above is the Fuel Pump Controller- and it is located in the rear DS pillar under the cover just near where the bottle jack lives.

Here is the FP Relay location.

View attachment 1728418

Thanks @abuck99 for the link to the manual....how do I get one of these for Yr2000?! - I have been using a Chilton book and it gives small grainy pics with captions like "showing 1997 but should be similar to other years".

It looks like Toyota moved this relay to the engine compartment by 2004, however my fuse box (engine compartment) looks exactly like the one @humpndunk shows above - without a relay for the fuel pump. Where do you think they moved it from? (even the 80 series seems to be located in the engine compartment - albeit as a stand alone...I don't see anything like that in my engine compartment)

Thanks @planomateo !

So is the "Fuel Pump Relay" being performed by the EFI Relay? If so, then what else besides a relay could cause the voltage to drop to 8V going to the Fuel Pump (as measured at the connector at the fuel pump) - either by fault or design?

Apologies for the highjack, but seems to fit right in here instead of staring a new thread.
2001 100 Series
Ran fine earlier today, went out this evening and it turns over fine but won't start. I pulled the fuel line from the in-line filter and turned the key to the on position, but not spinning the engine. I should get fuel at this point? Or does the engine have to be spinning?

Did the EFI Main Relay continuity check shown above and get 80 Ohms across 1 and 3. The test says I should get continuity, I assume that means zero Ohms...? Is this relay bad?

Ignition ON will not in itself activate fuel pump. Must be cranking engine (spinning) or running before fuel pump activates.

I'll leave Ohms question for someone that can better explain..

Thanks 2001. I saw that somewhere here, went out and confirmed I have fuel to the rail when cranking. Gotta be a spark thing...

I read a thread about a bypass kit for the EFI relay so left that guy a PM about the continuity test. I'm hoping it's as simple as that...

No worries about "highjacking" @62LostInMn ....I highjacked this one to begin with as I understood this consolidates the noise on the forum...besides Forums are inclusive, not exclusive.

So I still need help but will start a new thread or piggy back on an existing "No Start" thread later. However, I have a couple quick questions before I go that route.

What am I missing?
- I ran the fuel pump directly off the battery(New)
- I ran the whole fuel pump assembly including the fuel pump directly off the battery.
- I previously tested the connection at the fuel pump location and got 8-9V, which I understand is fine for an Ignition ON, but not cranking (or am I wrong).

However when I then plug in the fuel pump assembly at the fuel pump location (connection), the pump doesn't run with Ignition ON or when trying to crank.

If all functions when testing directly off the battery and I show power to the connection point....what am I missing?

Additionally, if I have a Key Immobilizer issue, how and what does the computer communicate to the system? I assume it shuts off electricity to Fuel Pump or somehow disable fuel injectors or spark plugs.

Thank you for all the help!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom