100 series ABS ecu/ skid control unit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, first time posting on here, have had this 100 series for a couple of months now and the abs light has come on, chucked a code reader on it and it came up with c1225 (open or short in hydraulic brake booster solenoid circuit) From what I’ve read this usually means a new abs ecu, my question is where is it! It’s a right hand drive model. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

233CD152-F3E3-48AE-8089-B471A8A7BD16.jpeg

Abs ECU is in the foot well right by the brake pedal. It's about the size of two decks of cards and is attached with two nuts, right in front of where the brake master cylinder to the firewall.

I'm not familiar with if that code means the ECU is bad. But you could test it with someone's ECU from a local club if you have one.

I had the same code years ago. Got the module and ended up being the booster.
Plan for a entire booster

I have posted on another thread but here goes here - for 6 weeks I have been getting ABS and Brake warning lights and alarm - however brakes are working fine and whenever I remove the ABS ECU overnight it resets and hence no alarm for another few days -- I am suspecting a fault in the ECU and apparently everything else checks out and No Fault codes at all - repeat no fault codes are thrown up at all.
Question is - is there a way to disable the annoying alarm sound -

OK - on the ABS computer there are three wiring plugs - removed the middle plug, booster and brakes still work BUT no annoying alarm sound -

I have posted on another thread but here goes here - for 6 weeks I have been getting ABS and Brake warning lights and alarm - however brakes are working fine and whenever I remove the ABS ECU overnight it resets and hence no alarm for another few days -- I am suspecting a fault in the ECU and apparently everything else checks out and No Fault codes at all - repeat no fault codes are thrown up at all.
Question is - is there a way to disable the annoying alarm sound -
Make sure You have a reader that will read Toyota ABS codes.

I’m on my phone, so I’m not seeing signature blocks. 2000+ trucks have 4 plugs in the module.

NOPE - MINE HAS 3 PLUGS -
Did removing the middle plug work for you long term?

I'm considering removing mine. I don't get the alarm, but I get the ABS and handbrake light flashing sometimes when I use brakes, putting out a code 54 which is Pressure Switch Malfunction.

I assume that's the abs not able to work but the brakes feel fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom