100/200 series interior size difference vs. the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents, I need some advice. We have a family of 7, so the 80 is getting kind of tight. I have never been in a 100 or 200 series before. I'm wondering if the interior is larger? TIA

Billy

The safety equip and rear A/C take up a fair bit of space. The 200 isn't that large inside.

80 Interior Space

Cargo Volume (cu/ft) 90.9
Seating Capacity 8
Headroom
Front 40.3
Rear 40.0
Legroom
Front
Rear 33.6

200 Interior Space

Cargo Volume (cu/ft) 81.7
Seating Capacity 8
Headroom

Front 38.3
Rear 38.9
Legroom
Front
Rear 36.0

The safety equip and rear A/C take up a fair bit of space. The 200 isn't that large inside.

80 Interior Space

Seating Capacity 8
Headroom
Front
Rear 40.0
Legroom
Front
Rear 33.6

200 Interior Space

Seating Capacity 8
Headroom
Front
Rear 38.9
Legroom
Front
Rear 36.0

Thanks for the info, no wonder I feels the 200 cargo is smaller than the 80 cargo space!

381 ponies takes up a bit more up front which equates to less room in the boot

80 Interior Space

Seating Capacity 8
Headroom
Front
Rear 40.0
Legroom
Front
Rear 33.6

200 Interior Space

Seating Capacity 8
Headroom
Front
Rear 38.9
Legroom
Front
Rear 36.0
I agree the 200 does not feel way bigger than an 80 or 100, but def has some room advantages. Rear seats have more room and you can adjust them, so that can be cool if you are rolling deep and want the 3rd row to have a bit more room! The front leg room numbers seem wrong?!?! Or maybe they are talking a 91 thru 94 model with manual seat, way more leg room in those then the 95 thru 97 IMO. I can tell you hands down when it comes to front seat comfort and leg room the 200 blows the 100 and 80 out of the water! The most noticable lack of space in the 200 IMO is the headroom, it's a bit tighter than the other two. So after owning 2 80's, 4 100's and 1 200 I will say this, everyone will be more comfortable in a 200!

I agree - regardless of the specs, the 200 is the most comfortable cruiser to date. Last week while bouncing around on trails in Moab, my buddy and I were in the front seats with the AC blasting and cooled seats running while his girlfriend was in the back seat with the heated seat and heater on...sleeping LOL. The back seat does seem a bit roomier than my old 100, but I have not owned an 80 so no comment there.

Removing the 3rd row in the 200 truly adds a lot of usable space in the cargo area, as they seem especially bulky.

Might help recover a bit of that difference in back.

The 200 isn't bulging fer nuthin... It's pudgy panels are stuffed to the gills.
-Like a whopping TWENTY-EIGHT A/C/heating vents(!!) and the air shafts to feed them.

I have a 100 and a 200. The 200 feels like it has a bigger front seat and definitely has a bigger 2nd row seat. I don't know about the third row comparison but the seats seem stronger and more durable in the 200. I am driving my 100 today missing my 200 while sliders are being installed.

I've owned and used on family adventures a '93, '04, and '17. IMHO, if your family of 7 is tight in an 80, they will be tight in a 100/200. There is no significant difference in useful size inside. However, the 200 is so much more comfortable, all 7 of you may perceive it as being a lot better for regular use. And, there are a very limited number of vehicles in which a family of 7 isn't going to feel at least a little tight!

I own a 100, a 200, and my 80 is coming back to me... I agree with @Sandroad... with 7 in a single vehicle you may want to look at something bigger... dare I say a Suburban? or at least a Sequoia. Your available space is going to do nothing but disappear. With that said, we purchased our 100 to replace our '95 Honda Odyssey and although the 3rd row was tight at times, we loved driving it... oh, and we have a family of 6, so close to your specs.

Most of the specs were listed above except one of the most important IMO. Compare "shoulder room", this is a side to side at the inside of the doors front and back seat. All 80's are the same, 100's the same ect. unless armored? Back seat leg room always changes because of the driver pos and attitude of the front seat passenger. I drive...:steer:

GREAT INFO, THANKS A LOT EVERYONE!!!! I have my eye on a 200 series. Now just to convince my wife to give up the Honda Odyssey.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom