#1 Speed Sensor Tests OK - Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lift a tyre, open the ignition, do not start engine, have a friend move the tyre, have a tester...3 wires, 2 are positive, one negative, locate the two pos, by elimination the left over is the neg...the friend moving the tyre is for one of the pos to work...I know, kinda rudimentary, but it will be a diy kinda thing

Lift a tyre, open the ignition, do not start engine, have a friend move the tyre, have a tester...3 wires, 2 are positive, one negative, locate the two pos, by elimination the left over is the neg...the friend moving the tyre is for one of the pos to work...I know, kinda rudimentary, but it will be a diy kinda thing
Great idea... thanks man.

Check the ground wire that attaches to the rear of the intake. This is the ground for your speedo. Chances are you may have loosened it while doing your PM or it just has a bad connection.

Can anyone point me to where exactly this is? I can't find the ground wire.

So that pin is not supposed to come apart from the VSS. Guessing you had the same problem I just resolved, you had a square pin in a rounded off hole... That's why you were not getting a speed or odometer reading.... In my situation the PO put in a cheap knockoff part and it didn't last. Get the Denso part and you'll be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom