1/23 Snow fun (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m heading up to my favorite snow place on Saturday
10 am meet at Hwy 96 and 112
NM-112 & NM-96
New Mexico 87046
Probably be in the crawler
Chains highly recommended
Limit 5 rigs

I encourage this trail run. It is good times! And Grant is awesome!
You're very kind, Tom. I'm actually a total clown and I drive like an idiot

Hey Grant...Is this where we went last year?
Yes, same area. I am thinking of a different destination, though, depending on conditions

Dang it, I wish I had already got chains!
Chains are highly recommended, but not required.
A lot will depend on the conditions... if its really heavy, we won't go as far in like we did last year.
Chains make it a lot easier to get out, especially for the big rigs and if it gets icy. But if the majority don't have chains we will be more conservative in where and how high we go, so we won't be as challenged to get out, like last year

EDIT: IF MOST DON'T HAVE CHAINS, I MAY BRING THE NEWER 4RUNNER SO SCOUT WILL HAVE MORE FUN AND WON'T NEED THE TRAILER AND TOW RIG
LET'S SEE WHO HAS WHAT AND WANTS TO GO

I'm giving it serious thought. I could use a snow day. I have chains.

Chains are highly recommended, but not required.
A lot will depend on the conditions... if its really heavy, we won't go as far in like we did last year.
Chains make it a lot easier to get out, especially for the big rigs and if it gets icy. But if the majority don't have chains we will be more conservative in where and how high we go, so we won't be as challenged to get out, like last year

EDIT: IF MOST DON'T HAVE CHAINS, I MAY BRING THE NEWER 4RUNNER SO SCOUT WILL HAVE MORE FUN AND WON'T NEED THE TRAILER AND TOW RIG
LET'S SEE WHO HAS WHAT AND WANTS TO GO
I don't have chains but last year was fun!

Looking like I'll take the newer 4Runner and not bother loading up the crawler and transferring all the gear so not so much deep stuff this trip.
If you intend to go please indicate by 9PM tonight Friday so I know whether to wait for you at the junction

I'll see you up there.

I would like to tag along as well if there’s still room. No chains however, and lower clearance if that’s not a problem. There’s a big sticker under the hood that says "snow version" if that means anything!! If you think I would hold you back I understand and won’t come, but I would like to see how it does in snow. Don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun however.

Last edited:
We'll be departing ABQ at 8:30 (earlier if possible), after dropping Isabelle off at driving school on Eubank. I'll bring chains for all four tires.

Last edited:
I will see you all at 10:00.

Great day Grant!

20210123_124503-sm.jpg

20210123_141627-sm.jpg

20210123_142342-sm.jpg

20210123_142747-sm.jpg

20210123_152413-sm.jpg

20210123_172316-sm.jpg

I guess that means you’re home right? Check your texts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back