Builds “+1” 200 Heritage Build (3x locked) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bumper time!

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

Looking good! What size tire did you decide to install?

Eric this is a very small detail but something that may help the future owners of your builds.

The stock front diff drain plug is poorly designed and the head strips very easily after 30k miles of heat cycling. Lexus produces a part that replaces the 10mm internal hex with 14mm external.

Lexus #: 90341-24016

For those trucks getting a lift and/or gears/lockers the front diff will be drained anyway so this would be a simple addition to avoid that frustration later on.

Just an idea!

Eric this is a very small detail but something that may help the future owners of your builds.

The stock front diff drain plug is poorly designed and the head strips very easily after 30k miles of heat cycling. Lexus produces a part that replaces the 10mm internal hex with 14mm external.

For those trucks getting a lift and/or gears/lockers the front diff will be drained anyway so this would be a simple addition to avoid that frustration later on.

Just an idea!
Thank you! Ordering a few for stock.

Any more detail on the integrated roof rack lights? Already have the dissent rack, curious to how the lights will be integrated. Thanks!

275/70/18/E Ridgegrapplers

Any specifics for the preference of Nitto over BFG KO2?

Also, Were these mounted without wheel spacers In that picture?

Just an idea!

I guess I’m ordering this to keep on hand for my 30k service appointment.

Any more detail on the integrated roof rack lights? Already have the dissent rack, curious to how the lights will be integrated. Thanks!
we will be building some custom mounts for the new rigid lights. More details to come!
Any specifics for the preference of Nitto over BFG KO2? Both great tire but the nitto has a bit more of an aggressive look.

Also, Were these mounted without wheel spacers In that picture?
no spacers in the pics. We are adding spidertrax 1 1/4” but we decided to powder coat them black as the blue doesnt play well with the bronze wheels.

Just an idea!
I had one of these also ’freeze on‘ and round off. The bonus is it is much easier to weld a 20mm or so nut on for future removal which does fix the issue permanantly.

I had one of these also ’freeze on‘ and round off. The bonus is it is much easier to weld a 20mm or so nut on for future removal which does fix the issue permanantly.

Yeah, I was watching that thread. Seems you settled on it must have been overtightened?

Mine came loose with zero problems after 30k. I had a spare on hand and plans to borrow a welder if needed. I even contacted NLXTACY about trying to design a better plug with a 24mm hex like the rest of our plugs but when yours turned out to be the only Lexus part with difficulty the need seemed to disappear.

Yeah, I was watching that thread. Seems you settled on it must have been overtightened?

Mine came loose with zero problems after 30k. I had a spare on hand and plans to borrow a welder if needed. I even contacted NLXTACY about trying to design a better plug with a 24mm hex like the rest of our plugs but when yours turned out to be the only Lexus part with difficulty the need seemed to disappear.
It is true I didn’t tighten it and the shop did. However that shop has a lot of experience, I don’t think they would exceed torque specs. Probably a one off but I don’t think it’s a silver bullet just to toss on the Lexus part. It is soft metal for sure it took nothing to round it. It is better than that 10mm hex though. That is madness. Back to the regularly scheduled programming . . .

Last edited:
I REALLY want those bumpers. What am I looking at in terms of cost and lead times?
These are customized. I would suggest PM Ben @Dissent, as that may be an involved question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom