Builds “+1” 200 Heritage Build (3x locked) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
I have spent the better part of the past 5-months thinking about this build, my “halo” project. I had every intention of keeping it for myself, but as the price kept growing and growing, it’s made me reconsider if it’s a little out of my league. In any event, the build will continue, as I see it it should be, whether I buy it or not.

I knew that I wanted to go “all-out” and make a truly one-of-a-kind 200 (hence the decision to use a Heritage). I wanted to make something that would be a “top 5” of the coolest builds I’ve seen on Mud or elsewhere. Of course, that is subjective, as each of us have our own ideas of what is the proper way of doing things and I respect that... We each have our own applications for use.. and we each have our own personal styles. This just happens to be “my style”. The name/title of this truck/build thread is “+1” in subtle reference to “one-upping” someone. Not humble, but again, it’s my Halo project ;)

[feel free to skip this paragraph, won’t hurt my feelings]
My background: When I was about 16 years old (I’m 38 now) I bought a ’85 Toyota pickup (Xtra cab, with solid front axle and EFI), I put a set of used 37”s on it (possibly the slowest vehicle on Earth). My friend @Higgin and I welded a roll cage on the back (removed the rusted out bed) and Line-x’d (not real Line-X) the inside and installed a pair of Sienna mini van seats and drove it around the Badlands Offroad park (not the real Badlands, the one in Indiana). After that phase, there was another pickup and a 4Runner but not worth talking about… My fascination with overlanding is the gear and the dream of getting away. I work 80 hours a week and I dream about finding a way to escape the daily grind. Managing 105 employees and intense pressure from every angle to perform at the highest level is a very heavy weight to carry, I’m not complaining; it just is what it is. My job is very rewarding as we are a top-10 (of 113 dealers) in the Toyota Chicago region and the largest Land Cruiser dealer in the country. 200-series Land Cruiser builds has really been my way of therapy for the past year or so now. At the end of the day, reading the daily scoop on Mud helps unwind more that I can express. Thank you all.

Back to the build:
This build is inspired by @Kooparillo ‘s build. Who graciously let me build his truck despite not having the appropriate level of knowledge to take on the project of that scope at that time (build #8). During this process, I learned so much about what to do (and equally important, what not to do). Thankfully this build turned out amazing and survived it’s inaugural’s journey to Moab/Canyonlands it’s 1st week on (and off) the road. Of course, like any build, there were plenty of “after the fact” things that were modified because hind-sight is always 20/20. In full disclosure, this build was inspired to him by Vouge Industries 200 build. Thank you Kooparillo for your inspiration and help on this journey.

Moving on: about three dozen 200 builds later and a decent amount more knowledge and braintrust (thank you @indycole, @Markuson, @Higgin, @sleeoffroad, @benc for contributing nuggets here and there, sometimes directly-sometimes indirectly).

It started with me wanting to replace my 2010 200 (equipped with BP51, RWs/KO2s, Prinsu rack, ARB drawers, Rigid 40 SR Midnight Edition light bar, Rigid amber scene lights mounted to the Prinsu, Slee sliders). My best friend IRL (still 20+ years later) @Higgin, wanted to upgrade his LX100 to an LC200, he was intimately familiar with my build so that was an easy sell. Now with a pocket full of cash, it was time to go shopping. 1st on the list: 2020 Heritage (Blizzard Pearl)….. Dreamy…..

Info: 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Heritage Edition (model code 6157)
Tribute to 60-plus years of off-road heritage (third row delete, cool box delete, lower door molding delete, bronze-colored BBS forged 18” TRD wheels, Heritage grille, vintage Land Cruiser badge (D-pillars), bronze contrast stitched perforated leather, blackened headlamps, blackened chrome accents (tribute description copied from Toyota and slightly modified by me).

Blizzard Pearl (070) / Black leather (25)
VIN: JTMCY7AJ4L4086402
Miles: 2
Port Installed Accessories: First aid kit (3Z), 7 pin to 4 pin adapter (4P), Cargo net (GN), Universal tablet holder (U7), Glass break sensor (V2)

Last edited:
This project is underway. LRA done, paint protection film roof/above doors is done. The truck is in transit to Dissent and Trekboxx (California) as we speak for them to do their parts. @benc is doing the suspension/bumpers and installing the Trekboxx with David @TrekboxX. Once it’s back home in Indiana, I will start the flairs and snorkel before working on final inspections and getting PPF/Tints done.

With all that said, I’ll try any update pics intermittently (not daily). This will be an approximately two-month project with no hard deadline. If it’s not sold before it is complete I will be surprised, at that point I may be forced to buy it to keep my job (half kidding). Few (if any) things are going to be changed at this point as we’re past that point (sorry). However, if I have missed something or you have a MUST-ADD idea, please feel free to comment.

As for price, I still haven’t added up all the invoices yet and there is a LOT of custom work that still needs done. So I would like to avoid that question completely for gentlemanly reasons. If someone is seriously interested, please call or text me on my cell 317-385-9572

I am going to leave a few blank posts under this one with “.” “.” Future editing so this project is documented accordingly for the permanent record.

Last edited:
Mods

• Suspension: Easy decision OME BP-51, collectively the popular choice on Mud, lots of experience personally with them from previous customer builds + my personal truck and no reason to even consider other options… Tough Dog heavy rear springs. @TRAIL TAILOR UCAs, no KDSS relocation
  • Front bumper: I desperately wanted to see Dissent’s aluminum bumpers offerings as I have admired the style and craftsmanship of his welds for a long time on 100s. I opted for Dissent front and rear aluminum bumpers. + Comeup Seal Gen2 12.5rs winch with synthetic line and wireless remote, 3x3 cutouts for Rigid floods. 60% gloss black powder coating. Also ¾” bullet lights with sequential circuits.
  • Rear Bumper: Dissent aluminum rear dual swing out with passenger-side tire carrier and driver side accessory arm with aluminum ladder risers and accessory panels for kitchen table/stovetop and storage for ARB Jack/stove/Maxtraxx/shower/propane tank. Customer ARB JACK mounts and locking accessory door panel. 60% gloss black powder coating. Rigid SR-M diffused backup lights. Rear camera relocated. Custom ARB compressor mount for air line access in the back.
  • Long Range Tank: 24 gallon since the spare was going to the rear bumper. [Side note: Heritage Editions do not some with a matching 5th wheel]
  • Roof rack: Dissent aluminum roof rack. I had the entire roof and part of the passenger side wrapped in XPEL PPF Ultimate Plus. There will never be another opportunity again to protect the roof with that rack installed, so figured it would be smart to wrap it before hand. The side was done for reasons I’ll list below. I sold the Heritage Yakima Warrior basket to a good customer who wanted it for his 4Runner for $50. Four Rigid scene lights (amber: two on each side) custom integrated to the roof rack. Rigid Adapt 40” light bar with custom wind fairing
  • Gears / Lockers: NITRO (factory packed) 4.30 gears with ARB front and rear air lockers, broken in on 500 mile variable speed heat-up/cool-down drives + diff oil change at 500 miles.
  • Armor/Sliders: Dissent aluminum sliders and full underbody skids (also aluminum). Four Rigid rock lights mounted to the sliders for underbody glow, used as a puddle lights or rock lights, all controlled with ARB LINX system + SPOD Bantam
  • Wheels / Tires: Wheels OE TRD BBS Forged Bronze Heritage Land Cruiser 18” wheels + matching spare. Five BFG KO2 LT 275/70R18 (yes they are small, the way I like them)… and this may be someone’s daily driver
  • On board air: ARB twin air compressor, manifold kit, pump up kit, pressure control kit, access line in rear bumper
  • Electrical: RedArc The Manager 30 battery management system. Aux battery is Battle Born LiFePO4 100ah accompanied by a 1000watt Samlex Pure Sine Wave inverter both located in TrekBoxx system Alpha (see below). Also, two 4.8 amp USB ports + one USB type-C, two Anderson connectors, one mini Anderson connectors and two 12-volt outlets located in drawers along with inverter switch. Lights controlled by ARB LINX and SPOD Bantum with HD Smart panel. Shore power connector access from rear bumper. Lexus LX570 credit card key as spare.
  • Drawers/Storage: Trekboxx System Alpha complete system. Large double locking main drawer, integrated frig slide, shallow drawer, large quick release phenolic work surface, wing kit with soft close hinges, cargo barrier, divider, frig barrier, shelf, black LINE-X finish with UV barrier, ZULU 1 drawer module upgrade, system alpha aux work station black richlite tailgate cover and padded cover
  • Snorkel: Fabulous Fabrications stainless steel snorkel, powder coated black. Australian air box sourced for fitment
  • Flairs: Kut Snake, color coded with 070 Blizzard Pearl, installed with nutserts for removability/longevity/durability, hardware replaced with stainless steel bolts and cerecoted black.
  • Protections: XPEL Ultimate Plus paint protection film (PPF): entire roof, passenger side above-door metal area from A to D Pillars for awning protection, Full Frontal (entire hood, fender, mirror caps, door cups and front bumper. Rockers; everything below the lower door moldings on doors. Straight line at the bottom of the lower door side moldings, starting on the front fender and continuing to small strip between rear wheels and rear doors. Also do the rocker panel and sides of rear bumper.
  • Tints: FormulaOne Pinnacle Llumar VLT Ceramic. 20% on front two windows. 85% on all rear glass over privacy glass for ceramic heat reduction properties. 85% over moon roof, nothing done on windshield
  • Security system / remote start: Clifford 5906X two-way remote start and SmartStart (cellular start) with GPS locator
  • Overland gear: iKamper SkyCamp 2.0 LINE-X’d roof top tent, Rhino-Rack 270 degree Batwing awning (right side mounted)

Last edited:

Before

0CA05D74-DCB6-4994-9A60-162D5CBD61D8.jpeg

Looking forward to the after pics.

Can I ordered a 5th bronze for my wife’s 2 week old Blizzard Heritage, from you?

our ko2 have already been ordered, delivered,but not mounted yet

Looking forward to the after pics.

Can I ordered a 5th bronze for my wife’s 2 week old Blizzard Heritage, from you?

our ko2 have already been ordered, delivered,but not mounted yet
Yes, pm sent

Wow! This is amazing! I just got a Heritage Blizzard pearl and will be starting some mods soon. Hoping I can pick up some knowledge from the forum and your builds since I am new to all of this.

great job and can’t wait to see how it ends up looking.

Wow — very cool to see Trekboxx going into this build. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

@Eric Sarjeant weird question, do you think it’s possible to add the third row to a heritage? I would be interested in buying the parts to do that and have the flexibility to add/remove.

@Eric Sarjeant weird question, do you think it’s possible to add the third row to a heritage? I would be interested in buying the parts to do that and have the flexibility to add/remove.
No, it wouldn't be possible without lots of hacking and welding. Of course you COULD do it, but it would probably be thousands $$.

Very cool! Looking forward to more pics!

Eric - How about the flips side of the question - do you have part numbers for the interior rear cargo area panels for a Heritage that we could order for those of us removing the 3rd row seats/seat belts, and not wanting to look at the remaining holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom