$1,100 light bulb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ahoy! As an OCD yuppie who loves his 05 LX (sigh, it never leaves pavement), my heart breaks to see a dashboard bulb be seemingly un-replaceable. Which bulb? There are three teeny tiny bulbs under the radio that activate the rear-defrost, rear HVAC and heated mirrors. The indicator for each switch (photo/green) works fine. It's the always-on illumination (red) that fires whenever headlights are on that's burned out.

Per the dealership (and extensive research), there's no part number; it's just a component of another part. Dealership would be happy to sell me the entire circuit board for $1,100...but surely this teeny-tiny bulb (photo/black) exists somewhere as a standalone?? Hugs to anyone who can help!!

Burned out bulb.png

Ahoy! As an OCD yuppie who loves his 05 LX (sigh, it never leaves pavement), my heart breaks to see a dashboard bulb be seemingly un-replaceable. Which bulb? There are three teeny tiny bulbs under the radio that activate the rear-defrost, rear HVAC and heated mirrors. The indicator for each switch (photo/green) works fine. It's the always-on illumination (red) that fires whenever headlights are on that's burned out.

Per the dealership (and extensive research), there's no part number; it's just a component of another part. Dealership would be happy to sell me the entire circuit board for $1,100...but surely this teeny-tiny bulb (photo/black) exists somewhere as a standalone?? Hugs to anyone who can help!!

View attachment 2521870

I'm guessing it's a T1 LED, but might be a different size. LED components like this are somewhat universal (same voltage), so you just need to get the size correct and then get the right color and brightness. I'm guessing this is a very dim brightness, perhaps the dimmest you can buy. Take a picture of that thing next to a ruler or tape measure so we can see what width it is.

I offered climate control button backlighting LED replacements as a service back in college for the Supra, so this is a familiar situation, haha.

I'm guessing it's a T1 LED, but might be a different size. LED components like this are somewhat universal (same voltage), so you just need to get the size correct and then get the right color and brightness. I'm guessing this is a very dim brightness, perhaps the dimmest you can buy. Take a picture of that thing next to a ruler or tape measure so we can see what width it is.

I offered climate control button backlighting LED replacements as a service back in college for the Supra, so this is a familiar situation, haha.

Great idea! Ruler version attached...just over 1/8 inch long :)
I wonder what product that implies??

Bulb length.png

Beat me to it. Sometimes you can get oddball stuff like tiny incandescent bulbs on Electronic Goldmine too. Some are called grain of wheat. If you could measure the voltage at the leads that will help you find the right bulb

Update!! Bulb not burned out. Something about how the bulb is affixed to the circuit board (an odd little plastic cube "carrier" that holds the bulb's wires against the contact points on the board) may be to blame. When I switched two bulbs' locations with each other, magically, all seems to be working ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom