06 LX470 Power Side Mirrors Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve seen a few threads on here regarding the above issue. Mine specifically: mirrors folding in, but not out, and now refuse to engage in locked position rendering the mirrors almost useless.

That said, I’ve tried disconnecting and re-connecting the plug behind the switch. No joy. The vehicle has about 180k on the odometer at this point, and the issue showed itself after a few trips through a car wash where the mirrors were smacked around a bit. Not a great move in general I know, but handwashing in a driveway for the last 6 months has been a non-option.

Any options short of complete mirror disassembly at this point?

to answer your question, no. The gears inside that make the motors work are plastic, and they probalby have broken teeth or stripped. Sadly, i dont think you can purchase any of the inner workings from toyota, so your only option may be a DIY hack repair or source used parts

It looks like there are aftermarket motors on eBay, reliability questionable probably. Im about to just wedge something in there to keep them in place for the time being 🤦‍♂️

It looks like there are aftermarket motors on eBay, reliability questionable probably. Im about to just wedge something in there to keep them in place for the time being 🤦‍♂️
can you link me to some motors you saw? been trying to find the right folding motors spec. also if you can upload a pic of your hack to wedge something to keep mirrors in place thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom