06-07 HID + Projectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm converting the front end of my 2002 LC to that of the 06-07 LC's and want to retrofit some HID's while I'm at in.

I have read just about every thread there is about retrofitting so the purpose of starting a new thread is I'm still a little foggy on where to start (pun intended).

The Goal:
I'd eventually like to do a quad projector setup (hi and low beams). I've seen some of your incredible retrofits that practically eliminate the need for aux lights so that's the end goal. I want as much output as possible but funds are tight so I'll need to wait a couple of months to complete all of this.

To start, I'd like to work on the low beams. So far, I've read that people are getting their parts from The Retrofit Source. Are they the guys to use or would I be better off hitting fleaBay to source my own parts? I see universal kits for sale but I'm not sure which one to go with.

As always, thanks in advance for the help!

I'm learning a ton on my thread at HID Planet. Highly recommend heading that way.

I'll post install picks when things start coming together.

Retrofit Source is good to go. Great prices for quality parts. I have had some of their Morimoto 35 W HID's on both my 80 and 100 series for the last 5 years, haven't had any problems.

Check out (I think) Page 11-13 of the HID retrofit thread on here. It shows a Morimoto Mini H1 bixenon projector installed in a 2006-2007 LC headlight and it fits really well. No need for four projectors.

Did somebody say quad-projector retrofit?! Go for it, it was one of the better decisions I made with the LC. Light output is incredible and makes me feel a lot better driving backroads at night.

20150930_210153_zpsykpwsd2u.jpg

20160823_163334%201299918%20no%20plate_zpsxhpg5h6m.jpg

Wowsers..

Sourse of the parts and write up if any, Pretty please...

As someone not entirely comfortable with wiring, I had these built for me instead of risking it myself. They have Morimoto D2Ss in the low/high beam, H1s in the high beam only, LED turn/parking bulbs and the LED DRL strip doubles as signal as well.

They were built by RIHIDS in Rhode Island and I think a few others on here have had similar lights built. Despite the obvious cost, I'm still convinced this is some of the best money I've spent. OEM-ish look with vastly improved lighting without the need for tons of aux LED bars etc.

Here's a picture with just the lows on, the LED DRL strip is a little easier to see.

20150930_205839_zpspkacrvvw.jpg

Did somebody say quad-projector retrofit?! Go for it, it was one of the better decisions I made with the LC. Light output is incredible and makes me feel a lot better driving backroads at night.

20150930_210153_zpsykpwsd2u.jpg

20160823_163334%201299918%20no%20plate_zpsxhpg5h6m.jpg

Love.

The outer projectors are the low beams correct?

How did they wire up your angel eyes? To the DRL circuit?

Love.

The outer projectors are the low beams correct?

How did they wire up your angel eyes? To the DRL circuit?

Yep, outer projectors are where the low/hi beams are and function as both. Inner projectors are hi beams only.

I don't know the specific wiring of the LED DRL's but they are on whenever the car is on so that would lead me to believe that they are hooked up as you suggested.

Man, I want some sc430's so bad! You can't beat the output unless, you replace them with the ls430's from your GS ;)
Tsx or S2000 projectors can also be used. You can find them anywhere. These 2 + the SC430 projectors are a HUGE improvement over stock & any aftermarket kit. I don't think the LS430 projectors would fit, if they did I would've been had them installed.

Wonder how these trucks look with a led set-up

Actually LED's don't seem to throw light quite as well as a good HID set up. And if you're talking about going LED sans projectors, that's one of my pet peeves. All you're going to do by throwing HIDS in a reflector housing is blind everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom