05 GX 470 issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 05 GX470, I’ve had nothing but issues out of this damn thing. My most recent issue has been with the SAIS and the cats. The codes I had were P0418 and p2445 and the 430/420 cat codes. This was putting me into limp mode with the 4 CEL lights on.

I did the rutech/Hewitt bypass with the proxy pump pack and still had the p2245 and turns out I forgot to put the terminal lock on the SAIS pump wire thing so I redid that and reset the codes. Was fine and out of limp mode but about an hour after I got the cat codes 430/420 with the vsc lights and CEL but it wasn’t in limp mode. What can I do to fix this s***! I have a LX 470 and haven’t had a tenth of the issues!

Well for starters, even though the two share the same drivetrain, you should probably ask in the 120 section...

Well for starters, even though the two share the same drivetrain, you should probably ask in the 120 section...
Whoops! My bad is there a way a mod can move this or do I need to make a new thread over there?

O2 sensor most likely. Should tell you what bank and sensor in the code.

420 is bank 1 (Driver) and 430 is bank 2 (Passenger). Depending on your code reader it won't tell you which sensor (B1S1 is the upstream sensor, B1S2 is the downstream sensor). You are showing both sides. I would start by trying a different OBDII scanner or using techstream (I have a link in Unit 18 of GXOR on FB with instructions and cable to get).

Any help for us non-FB types ?

You are a true gentleman !

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

So far the only codes that come and go are the 430 and 420, haven't got a stream up yet. And now sometimes my Odometer quits working. :(

I have a 05 GX470, I’ve had nothing but issues out of this damn thing. My most recent issue has been with the SAIS and the cats. The codes I had were P0418 and p2445 and the 430/420 cat codes. This was putting me into limp mode with the 4 CEL lights on.

I did the rutech/Hewitt bypass with the proxy pump pack and still had the p2245 and turns out I forgot to put the terminal lock on the SAIS pump wire thing so I redid that and reset the codes. Was fine and out of limp mode but about an hour after I got the cat codes 430/420 with the vsc lights and CEL but it wasn’t in limp mode. What can I do to fix this s***! I have a LX 470 and haven’t had a tenth of the issues!
Reading through your thread, and notice you said you had the VSC lights along with the CEL on. I had the same thing, mine threw a P0420, but I know it’s not the cat because I recently redid my exhaust manifold on the driver side. Turns out it was the gas cap. My 06 has 140000, placed the gas cap and everything went away.

looks like yours may have more issues, but check the cap to make sure it’s tight and the gaskets not brittle and worn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom