New Engine day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It been a long time coming but I finally got my 1HZ into the rebuilders and got it back today. :D
Its been fully machined with a new OEM cyl head, Rikon pistons and rings with NDC bearings.:cool:
I asked the rebuilder about the ACL bearings but he says he prefers the NDC on the 1HZ,although he uses the ACL on his GM rebuilds.

Ive got about 99% of the parts I need for the outside of the motor.
Everything is new or rebuilt except for the vacuum pump which seems ok.

The pump was rebuilt separately with new head and piston and the rebuilder fitted it for me as the timing cover went on.
Apparently this is preferable to fitting the pump with the cover bolted tight,I dunno but it was free:confused::D

I also a full set o gaskets to finish and a spare valve cover and oil pump gasket.

I thought I was getting a new water pump and thermo but they aint there :mad:
I have gearbox ready.I have a new t/case to assemble but I want to keep the vacuum shifter so I need the front plate of my old t/case

I cant wait to drive this thing:D
I just got to wait for the weather to improve now(cruiser wont fit in the shed)
robs pics 004 (Small).jpg
robs pics 001 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
I've got wood. Sweet engine.

crushers said:
just like Christmas, eh?
congrates

Yeah but I should have had it last xmas:D

Thanks DD but whatda ya mean by "I got wood"? :doh: I get it now:D

SamB Its going into my 73 series which is currently petrol and getting tireder by the day.
I got to get rid of this lame roadside pic:D
1HZ pics 015 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
crushers said:
good looking rig there mate...
the 1HZ should make her come alive again...

Youve never seen the the rear "party animal " mudflaps with the drunk little doggy:D:D

crushers said:
BTW, i love the design of the front bumper...

what is "drunk little doggies"?

The bumper I like from the side but not from the front,its too squarish and too common in these parts.
I believe they were a often dealer fitted thing as the Japanese versions are not to local taste:D

:rolleyes: The little doggy is the one in the old Warner Bros cartoon that use to hang out with a bulldog and one day they found an escaped boxing kangaroo and thought it was a giant mouseLOL Funniest s*** I ever seenLOL:grinpimp:

ah the saturday morning cartoons...
Bugs bunny and the road runner show...
the last time i watched the cartoons they had started editing Willie E Coyote's crashes. too vilolent for kids i guess...

interesting about the bumper, i guess when something gets too popular it looses it's appeal.

Island Moose said:
While you're waiting for it to stop raining, put your valve cover on the buffing wheel and make 'er shine!

Does plastic buff up?:D
Ill double check ,if its plastic they are probably cheap:rolleyes:

Bjowett " Very nice... any pics of the intake an exhaust ports? Just curious..."

When the sun comes up.

Wayne"ah the saturday morning cartoons...
Bugs bunny and the road runner show...
the last time i watched the cartoons they had started editing Willie E Coyote's crashes. too vilolent for kids i guess..."

I think the all the WB cartoons are banned here except DVDs.
Even old Skippy the Bush Kangaroo cant be shown anymore because it makes kids believe roos can understand human speech.

Go on Skip,get the gun out and shoot em:D:D:D

interesting about the bumper, i guess when something gets too popular it looses it's appeal."

Yes,probably 2 out of 5 60s and 70s have them and they are still fitting them to 78/79/105.
Definately out of vogue but they are functional.
The big wide sidesteps,not shown,have done a great job of protecting the floor seam at the sides.
It still has much of the original black factory laquer under there:cool:

chat

how are the kids today ever going to grow up to be warped individuals like us if they don't get to see a cartoon character smaking his head on a rock?

bjowett said:
Very nice... any pics of the intake an exhaust ports? Just curious...
Brian
This is number 2 intake and exhaust ports,the round one being the exhaust.

I put the flywheel on the this afternoon so I can say I started:D
I had the flywheel machined on both side to ensure a flat fit but I forgot to oil it and surface rust set in.

Note the clever bullbar/flywheel pic:D
robs pics 005 (Small).jpg
robs pics 006 (Small).jpg
robs pics 010 (Small).jpg

bigbrowndog said:
gees Rosco, you kept the lotto win pretty quiet mate.turbo next? cheers and goodluck.

The engine is under 2 years warranty ,so no turbos or mods.
Anyway I have to learn to control the power of the 1HZ 1st:D:D:D

Here is a full frontal of mine and a pic of a new OEM short motor:cool:
robs pics 009 (Small).jpg
6466_6892 (Medium).jpg

the naturally asperated 1HZ isn't hard at all to control. the grunt is just amazing and for crawling around the mountians it is a sweet engien to drive. barely over idle and you can crawl up the steepest stuff.
it actually feels like a bit of a dog till you turbo it, then the bugger comes alive... it becomes a whole different engine, tons of torque but has long legs when needed.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom