interchangable Grills? for 80s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
My grill took a hit today....a 4x4 fell off the back of a truck got me in the teeth. Ran down the guy and he will pay. What years will fit my 1994? Would like to update the "TOYOTA" with newer if they are interchangable with newer years..If so what years?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that.

The grill from 91-94 with "TOYOTA" should fit with no problem, but the one from 95-97 will not fit, not perfectly anyway.

I can't remember which one but if you try replacing the older grill with the newer one you will either get a "gap" between the grill and the panel below it or you will have to trim some space off of the grill to make it fit perfectly (or something like that).

And don't even bother trying to fit the LX grill, it won't work (so I heard).

Good luck!

Mot

i dont think the headlight trim will line up with the older grill (91-94). But thats just what Ive heard. I think you have to stick with a 91-94 grill

you have to trim the panel below the lights to fit newer model grilles

The headlamps are also different. The grille-to-headlamp mounting is not the same.

just say

T O Y O T A

not that orbity spinny logo thing.

Aaron

T O Y O T A looks better than the "jelly bean", which those with the weak tranny must endure.

A footnote to the "TOYOTA" grille.

The original part number, 63111-60070, has been replaced by a 53111-60100. The later part number is actually a diesel grille and it has two holes in the center bar to the right of "TOYOTA". These holes are used to mount a "Diesel" or Turbo" emblem for other markets. Alas, we get to stare at holes or no new grille at all.

D-

FWIW...
LX grill will DEFINITELY NOT fit.
Headlamps are different too.

get an early stamped Land Cruiser bezel...................whoops wrong forum :D

keep the Toyota grill, much better then the mexican jumpin bean-o :flipoff2:

Landpimp said:
get an early stamped Land Cruiser bezel...................whoops wrong forum :D

Ehsan still around making those? This summer's trip through Concordia was recently cancelled.

Before I sold our 92, I tried to swap the grille onto the 97 because I too like the TOYOTA look better. But it wouldn't go. :(

yeah i ran into a surburban goin about 3 mph and i have to get a new grill and fron bumper and my new "TOYOTA" grill has some holes in it. now im clear on that, i had no idea that that was from....thought someone took a drill to it or somethin

>> When did toyota intoduce the jelly bean logo? MM

1995 for the US Land Cruisers

-B-

my 94 has the funny logo on the cover on the top of the engine. i just got a funny feeling that the engine may have been monkied with... any thoughts would be appreciated

aaron

No monkey business. My 94 has it as well.

The logo first surfaced in 1990 and was used on multiple models. It was used on the back of all 80's and on the sparkplug wire covers.

If first appeared in the grille of the 80 in January 1995.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom